[ANNOUNCEMENT] FlightSimGames (FSG) Pilatus Porter PC-6 (payware)

I thought I’d probably go for the Milviz version as I have it in P3D and it’s a wonderfully modelled and simulated addon there. But what they have started now is an absolute turn off, I can only hope that you will release a ready product. It doesn’t have to be “finished”, further improvements are always recommended and appreciated but at least be ready for release. Then you have all my support. It surely looks beautiful already and you clearly are proud of what you’ve done until now.

2 Likes

Thank you Ephedrin87!
We want to make community life more simple and enjoyable in terms of a product selection. Now we tell what our PC-6 variant WILL NOT HAVE:

• we will not make any additional User Interface like “tablets”.
  • we will not make an old and rusted retro airplane.

Hope this information will be helpful! :grinning: :+1:

Regards,
FSG

8 Likes

appreciated. It would be a pity if it wasn’t airworthy after all the teasing :stuck_out_tongue:

And as common chit-chat: A tablet is actually a good thing and almost every pilot has one. Showing charts, weather, general flight information. But my iPad has never been able to change the tires or open the door. Technical hurdles there :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes! I am always use REAL tablet during the simulation flights for navigation!!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

P.S. Just want to add as we already mentioned at this topic, we don’t want to make a “maintenance simulator” with a moving-removing-opening 3D objects around airplane. Our version fully designed to conduct IFR in IMC using an old and modern piloting techniques. We want to FLY!!! :grinning: :small_airplane:

8 Likes

The installer for the Milviz one doesn’t even work for me so their PC-6 is completely unusable, I am eagerly awaiting the FSG PC-6 and each and every screenshot and video posted here goes above and beyond the last one, this one is going to be a joy to fly!

Thank you ehenden408!
I have seen your post about installation problem. From my experience usually antivirus remove some files during installation process. It is not a good suggestion to turnoff antivirus but sometimes it helps.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I just tried that, it hasn’t worked yet but it’s worth another try, sadly no luck yet after over an hour of trying and 2 restarts of my PC.

Ok. Try to RE-DOWNLOAD your copy. Usually it helps too!!!

Looking forwards to this. Always wanted to “fly” the PC-6. And already familiar with the PT-6 (TBM, Vertigo etc.). :+1:

1 Like

From this article, we have seen the process of your PC-6 product from scratch, condensing your countless efforts and research. I will continue to wait and support your PC-6, hoping that it can become the most true embodiment, I will not buy milviz, because I have bought P4D products, the support is very poor.
Can it be a rolling door? I want to use it to skydive.
lol~

5 Likes

I just see it differently. i don’t like new cockpits fresh from the factory, but used ones

3 Likes

Thank you cdv00079374! Our model has 2 rolling doors! :+1: :grinning:

1 Like

And perhaps it helps some other, who knows ?

1 Like

I have been following this thread for quite some time now and I have been very impressed with the devs. communication, transparency and regular updates on the add on. The communication in particular for me has been first class and the whole project to me looks like a labour of love which goes a heck of a long way with me.

To be honest, I very much doubt that I will be buying two PC 6 aircraft. I shall be holding out to see how this one turns out (pretty good i’m thinking) not only for the above reasons but also because of the Steam gauges and hopefully the non intrusive DRM.

8 Likes

Thank you Kayembee370
Don’t worry, we simply don’t have such DRM tool. We know that our product will be “pirated” within hours. This is not a problem for us. All musician for decades use pirates to promote their music! :grin:
At the end only high quality and reasonable price make money!

32 Likes

Thank you.

Really looking forward to your PC 6 when it eventually comes out. Happy to wait too :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Given the great transparency you provide by posting here the entire development process creates for me a lot of confidence that this will be a great product I would even buy unseen.

5 Likes

Thank you SierraHotel2873! We do our best and we really enjoy the development process itself. :grinning:

4 Likes

I really don’t care for glass cockpits, so no worries: Your PC-6 is the way to go. You certainly do have a customer here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

To be honest, MilViz has recently (within this year) made a ton of PR errors. They released a 180EVO for P3D for $39 saying it’s not really finished and will never be finished. After a lack of sales, they pulled the product from the market. It reappeared at nearly double the price and with a description that it’s now finished and as finished as it will ever get.

When P3D v5.2 broke their weather radar (incorporated into their 350i and 180EVO as well as a standalone product), they first said they probably won’t fix it. Then after a bit of blowback they said it will be fixed, but not sure when. It remains unfixed now and all P3D aircraft updates and development have been declared as finished. So… those two things right there kind of put MilViz PR into a bit of a tailspin in the P3D community. Then they released several of their older P3D aircraft with new v5 installers but with the disclaimer that these are the last versions the product will see and should they require further updates, those won’t happen.

MilViz are VERY good at what they do. But some of their steps are a bit questionable. I do want their aircraft (PC-6) but I will be sure to buy this one JUST to support this developer for their excellent practices and transparency. And I am sure the final product will be great.

18 Likes