[ANNOUNCEMENT] FlightSimGames (FSG) Pilatus Porter PC-6 (payware)

Hi Seweryn! All PC-6 “dynamics” for all flight phases in the 2 files only: flight_model.cfg and engines.cfg. Now we know how this two files interact and work. For us SU6 will add new tuning options which may be used or may not.
“Beta range” is a part of High Fidelity Flight Model. HFFM the result of combination synchronized and specifically tuned flight_model.cfg and engines.cfg.

P.S. One more very important thing - Steam Gauges! Only Steam Gauges give as full flexibility and precise engine control. We are not depend on G1000/NXi development state and quality.

7 Likes

WIP 9.10.21
Autopilot HDG OBS APR Test :grinning: :+1:

6 Likes

A tailwheel plane taking off by itself with no input and no need for correction is NOT a good thing nor is it realistic. I hope this stability you’ve built in will be removed or corrected prior to release

1 Like

Hi CpMoustache!
Flight dynamic was tested by two real PC-6 pilots and they continue their tests. At the video above you see Trimmers effectiveness test at the Standard Weather condition and Max TO weight.

Here is TO test video with no inputs, with Trimmers at the Neutral Position and with max Pitch Trim UP, with Max Weight and Empty airplane. You will see the difference and the power of PT6A-34. :grinning: :+1:

13 Likes

Hi Folks! Here is a test video of the Flight Recorder Freeware. Amazing tool! :grinning: :+1: :+1: :+1:

9 Likes

I use it since it was released.
:+1:

1 Like

Regardless of the dynamics inflight, tailwheel aircraft require constant adjustment and controls to maintain a straight line on the ground. That’s outside of winds, trims, or anything else. A tailwheel plane maintaining a straight line on its own is like pushing a shopping cart backwards and hoping it goes in a straight line. There are a million little forces trying to get that plane to turn around and no amount of trimming will fully fix that. I know you’re striving for realism and this is pretty far from it.

1 Like

Unfortunately MSFS just a $60 software designed to use with joystick or gamepad and it doesn’t have “a million little forces” as a real multi-million simulator with cockpit has. When we use “Clear Sky” preset weather which is the Standard Day Weather, nothing effect airplane and we can check Flight Model behavior and balance. May be in a nearest future we will see such realistic flight simulators with a million little forces on our desk but not now! Now we are waiting for the fully castering tailwheel SDK after SU6! :grinning:

2 Likes

A valid comparison would be a takeoff in any other taildragger. If the same “hands off” take off can be achieved with trim only then it’s the sim, not the PC-6.

WIP 10.10.21 :grinning: :+1:

12 Likes

Think if MSFS could for instance simulate shimmy oscillations of landing gear… Unless the aircraft designers got the parameters just right, the front landing gear would start wobbling like crazy at certain ground speeds.

1 Like

… well, even without any speed :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

5 Likes

Is the rod with the star handle the rudder trim?

1 Like

“Left Aileron” Takeoff Test :smiley: :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

No, this is for pedal’s position adjustment.

1 Like

Right, I see that now. Some sort of rack, and pinion, or similar interface converting rotational to linear movement, to move the pedals closer or further away.

2 Likes

Probably it should be like that. Otherwise how the pilot moves pedals closer to him.

Try a „hands off“ takeoff in the MilViz PC6 :wink: id say, youwouldnt get sirborne… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well at this video (2:00) at TakeOff run watch at the pilots legs. This is Porter run with the tail-wheel locked.

3 Likes

Cant really see his legs tho. And working the rudders doesn’t necessarily mean big leg movements. However, i trust the Porter-Pilots on the flightmodel. And we all know that taildraggers arent the best thing in this sim. :slight_smile: