[ANNOUNCEMENT] FlightSimGames (FSG) Pilatus Porter PC-6 (payware)

Internal turbine engine dynamics the next research phase. For now we are working with the Propeller beta range, revers, etc. To deal with the internal engine dynamics we must make a precise engine gauges first.

2 Likes

That is great to hear, you go for really high fidelity add-on all the way

1 Like

HFFM the most important part of a flight simulation. Together with the high quality visual effects HFFM gives to the virtual pilot an immersion of flight.

5 Likes

How is the in-flight beta modelled?

1 Like

Not yet. First we configured Flight Dynamics to make PC-6 able to dive with the 25% of payload at pitch - 30 degrees with the constant airspeed 135 knots. Than we will start to tune propeller beta to create air brake which will help to have 100 knots with pitch - 25 degrees and payload less than 50%. Additionally PC6 has protection which are blocking using a beta at the airspeed greater than 100 knots.

2 Likes

do you think that SU4, in 2 weeks, will help you with their turboprop fix, or its irrelevent in your case?

At the current developing phase Internal turboprop engine dynamics not important for us.

2 Likes

If I remenber correctly, with their PC-6 for FSX, FSD had a workaround (cheat ?) with invisible spoilers activated on beta, in addition of lot of drag on the last flaps positions.

Steep descent vid at Gap-Tallard LFNA (a little bit stuttered cause it was my old PC)

5 Likes

That was a really bad one. A few designers used this crutch.
In FSX/P3D you could ‘fake’ the missing prop drag by playing with the torque values much more realistic.
The way too high flap drag is presently the ‘workaround’ for e.g. the default 350i as well.

1 Like

PC6, diving from 12000 ft, with the -30 degrees pitch and 25% payload. No any Prop beta, no Flaps or other tricks. Only the brand new HFFM. :grinning: :+1:

8 Likes

Beta descent video.

Super excited for this plane. I like performing those stall three point landings in the Savage Grravel, either on a runway, or on some hilltop clearing somewhere.

This should be just as much fun.

3 Likes

WIP 16.06.21 - GNS 530/430 Combo with the GNS530 mod

9 Likes

Mixing classic aircraft with future-tech floating holographic displays. Nice! :wink:

3 Likes

Sweet. How about that

4 Likes

Beating them to the ground. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Racing skydivers to land
https://youtu.be/__hxwFZXF-s

2 Likes

Two friends of mine did this one when we were youngers

2 Likes

Having the Porter I just jumped out of going past me in freefall was definitely a highlight of my early skydiving ‘career’ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This looks really great, looking forward to it!

2 Likes