[ANNOUNCEMENT] GKS F-111E Aardvark

Makes no mention of yaw effect.

You’re right I misread.

If only we could get the longer wings! :wink:

1 Like

Please clarify: Is the F-111E currently available for purchase anywhere BUT the Marketplace?

No it is not.

1 Like

My axis are fine. Please see linked video at the 20:00 minute mark. This proves everything I have stated. It needs to be fixed. Completely unrealistic. As the guy on the video states. IT NEEDS SOME WORK!

1 Like

After getting this one on the release day I must warn others it is NOT worth the price. It costs the same as the FSReborn M500 and it has about 1/100 of the effort.
The flight model is not right, plane does strange things and the systems are very incomplete, there is no navigation system (INS) and for a plane that can go long distances and at this price tag I think it would need to be in the package.

It is very similar to DC Designs in quality but more expensive and can burn the fuel you dump.

5 Likes

I’m in agreement with you. I seriously thought that the updates would be coming soon. This is a joke. I will never purchase another market release. The promise of community release hasn’t happened. Also the promise of a WP for the market place hasn’t happened. Overall Im very disappointed in the aircraft and the developer. I’ve heard good things about GKS but I’m NOT experiencing good results. GKS please do what you said you would and promptly please. I feel ripped off at this point.

2 Likes

I agree with you. I just hope that they actually update it and work on it and not just abandon it. Disapointed with the lack of updates even when it was expected to have an update earlier in the month.

2 Likes

Although I’m trying to enjoy the plane as it is right now, it’s not easy in the current state unfortunately.
I fully understand that improvements take time, but in my opinion - for that price - the necessary improvements should have been done before release.
But what bothers me most at the moment is that we haven’t seen any update status infos by the developers for 3 weeks now here :frowning:

1 Like

Any news on an update and WP? Seems like this aircraft is in limbo. Please update/fix the flight model and add weapons patch.

I think you need to spend some time with this module. As for sounds, there may not be any sound files available for F-111. They might be able to construct sounds from the F-14A or the Corsair II if sound files exist for those aircraft.
As for flying, set the wings to 26 degrees and forget about them. Then fly it like any other jet in the sim. As for navigation, I don’t do ILS stuff in the F/A-18 either, so I don’t miss it. I’ve had it since day one, and I find no flaws with it. Looking forward to updates.

None? Really… you haven’t noticed the flight model issues? I posted a video a few posts back. It shows the plane flipping around through the sky. Please check it out.

Hello everyone, Thank you for your feedback, it really helps us.
All this time we were preparing the first update in which we fixed almost all the problems mentioned above.

Here’s a list of improvements:

• Improved flight model. Added more inertia in roll pitch and yaw. Now, with the full range of joystick movements on high speed, the aircraft behavior is more stable.

• Added weapon module. It will be available for free download on our site. It needs to be installed to the community folder to add WP functionality.

• Added basic Radars functionality RHAW and Attack radars

• Added hotkeys for wing sweep increase / decrease

• Fixed many bugs includind windshield de-icing, tail hook, general engine performance at high altitude, and many more.

• Added new skins

11 Likes

Here is the link to the short update overview

The update version sent to testing and will be available soon

11 Likes

Well, he should have shown how a module is supposed to behave when you throw the stick around. I don’t have a floor mounted stick so I can’t replicate his tricks. He did make the point that if you fly it like it is meant to be it is very nice.
Anyway, improvements are inbound. Cheers!

EDIT: Just found their “Autopilot” video. It covers Autopilot and navigation including ILS approach. It even demonstrates jettisoning tanks, dumping and burning, and proper landing.

2 Likes

HI, Thanks for the wonderful F-111E, I have had some problems with getting airbrake to work, but I put that down to HOTAS and MSFS not agreeing with each other. However, the Throttles have worked fine until today, 1. Feb, I’ have lost the afterburners…but I have now got the wings to sweep, swings and roundabouts.
Any advice about the throttle? It is fully forward on the device, but I can see there is room to go in the aircraft.
No rush, I’m a patient person. Will keep looking in to see if I get a reply

THANK YOU in advance

Flyingscotsman

Obv not the dev but have you mapped a keybind to afterburner detent. its like the default f/a-18 how you cant throttle to max unless you have a detent.