[ANNOUNCEMENT] FlightSimGames (FSG) Pilatus Porter PC-6 (payware)

I thought the default GTN530/430 models are available from Asobo for anyone to use. All developers have to build the avionics’ 3d models from scratch? Just the logic is from Asobo? Interesting…

1 Like

Hi Severeeno! Actually 3D modeling and PBR texturing are the easy part. Thanks to MS/Asobo for the animation templates!!! With their templates I only make animation in Blender, give appropriate name to the Button and the Animation and I automatically have in-game animation, function, and even night textures! This is just INCREDIBLE! :smiley: :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Good reading for those who are interesting in how to use MS/Asobo templates - “Trying to understand panels by JRollonPlanes and OzWookiee”.

1 Like

WIP 18.05.21 - GNS530/430 Combo: :grinning: :+1:

9 Likes

Very nice attention to detail there. The gauges look very round, and the GPS crisp, for want of a better word.

1 Like

Thank you hobanagerik! We want to make everything possible to have airplane of our dream, including high quality gauges. We have tested our 530/430 Combo with the GNS530 mod and everything works fine as you see at the video!

9 Likes

Despite all the effort going.into the gps, it would be nice if it were configurable to not have them. Gps seems pretty pointless in an aircraft like this. It seems virtually every pc-6 has the center stack configured differently , but many have radios only.

2 Likes

You mean like the JF Arrow, where we can choose the instrument layout?

1 Like

Hi ngreenawa!
You are right! After 60 years of a successful production PC-6 has dozens cockpit/avionics layouts. In our case, for the comfortable flight simulation with a one monitor we decided to make avionics layouts which gives to the virtual pilot access to the maximum amount of gauges without changing a view angle. We use this avionics layout from the real PC-6:

8 Likes

I know some people like the avionics , and i wouldn’t want to take the option away from them, but even vr - effectively single monitor if u cant see another monitor with a map on it- its nice to have some variation in our aircraft , and i think i can count on one hand the garmin-free aircraft i have ( the fw p.149 being an excellent example of this)

3 Likes

genuine question
what is the point of that huge bar that cross the whole cockpit?

Windshield heater pipe! :grinning: :+1:

3 Likes

what about the blue one?

It’s a logical thought, the problem with this is when you use high resolutions (e.g. for me 5160x1440) and you have old eyes you cannot see numbers on glass panels. It’s why I prefer steam gauges, not because I’m a Jurassic Pilot, but I can read them :wink:
A configurable panel would be a great option.

3 Likes

Absolutely Great point! Our team consists of an “old bald blind” virtual pilots and we definitely know the mentioned problem!!! :+1: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

4 Likes

Another solution would be to include a guide dog in the package as copilot… :joy:

3 Likes

With an LVAR to wag the tail.

1 Like

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

3 Likes

I already mentionned I was a skydiver during 35 years IRL.
In the eighties, we decided to give some blind people a chance to discover what freefall is.
We had no electronic equipment like actually.
They asked us “How should I know it’s time to open my parachute ?”
Answer was “When there is slack in the dog’s leash” :wink:
Anyway, we stopped because we had not enough dogs…

4 Likes

The unique and very useful table in the pilot`s office!!! :grinning: :+1: