[RELEASED] Mini-500 | Got Friends

REVOLUTION MINI-500:
Final Public Poll

After some internal discussion, we have decided to announce our project to the public and rally the communities efforts to a final decision on the Revolution Mini-500 Release Timeline.

VOTE HERE:
https://twitter.com/friends_got/status/1516263619222290435?s=20&t=S1qj6hLJGjKBR1XGTtSmjQ

8 Likes

Voted. Native.
I don’t like jumpin thru hoops.

4 Likes

Completely Understand! That’s why we are having the public poll! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also voted. Also native. :wink: Not a fan of external apps if I don’t HAVE to have them.

1 Like

Keep in mind our end goal is fully native. This Poll mostly suggests an early release with AirlandFS until Official Support is released.

3 Likes

That was kind of my thought… “If they release early, they’ll update it eventually for native anyway…”

But, since I’m not planning to fly helicopters in MSFS until we have native support, I voted the way I’d spend my money. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I won’t touch helicopers until the Sim supports them natively, so I did feel like I should vote.

Is this an RC helicopter ? Or a real one ?

1 Like

Real :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@DigitalJonx Do you guys ever sleep??

1 Like

Never haha! Aside from this project which is over 90% complete (Maybe a week’s worth of work if the AirlandFS Release is desired), we have a couple more other exciting projects not announced.

2022-2023 is full of many surprises:

• Discus-2c Premium (Marketplace Release)
  • Fokker DR.1 (Marketplace Release)
  • MXA Amphibious (Marketplace Release)
  • DA50 RG (Personal Project + Got Friends Collab)
  • Unannounced Project
  • Unannounced Project
  • F4F-4 Wildcat
    … More
7 Likes

Never liked airland flight models. Native is the way to go.

3 Likes

Would like to vote but have no Twitter.

Native in 2023 would be my preferred version as well

1 Like

Let’s just hope that Native Support from Asobo in the future doesn’t reflect their current work on the Velocity! Haha currently AirlandFS and WASM is the only way to fly Helos. Hoping that Asobo at the minimum lives up to those standards.

2 Likes

How does the Bell 47G work currently? Is that background application one needs to run basically embedded AirlandFS?

1 Like

I always forget about the Bell as I currently haven’t flown it, I’m assuming they are using their own External Application. But if anyone knows, feel free to correct me.

1 Like

Nope. They have an internal flight model that’s built in and doesn’t require an app. HOWEVER, that helicopter DOES require an external app strictly for DRM purposes (which is its biggest drawback).

There is another aircraft out that has a built-in helicopter flight model implementation - Hype Performance Group’s H135 and H145 (135 is freeware, 145 is payware). 145 supports Airland FS but does NOT require it - you can fly it as is with no external apps. 135 also flies with no external apps of any kind

2 Likes

I vote native

2 Likes

Remember, that’s using a WASM module so it’s not always supported on console and technically using the same method as the Velocity. Obviously way more fine tuned because Hype Performance Group takes their time and really has created quality for their limitations. I talk to Davux3 and Pharoah Steve quite often and follow those projects closely. It’s amazing what they’ve accomplished based on pure WASM and HTML Coding.

Surprised honestly Asobo is taking so long for Helo flight modeling.

I need to try the Bell 47G and look into their process for sure.

AirlandFS really is a fantastic piece of software though and even though it’s another layered application, it’s low runtime usage and simplicity makes it a joy to use. I personally never have had a quarrel with it. For Developers, it’s fantastic to build a custom flight model with and almost easier than building a General Aviation Model. Plus all you need to do is run the application, select your difficulty level, minimize it and play the game.

Regardless of the release time frame, we will definitely be including AirlandFS compatability, even if the decision is waiting until Asobo supports native flight modeling. For the mean time, AirlandFS is superior and simulates extremely deep aspects of Helo Physics.

4 Likes

Use AirLandFS, just because eventually native support may come, doesn’t mean it’s any good out of the box just look at current native flight of Asobo aircraft versus direct 3rd party alternatives or even mods to Asobo flight files needed to make a half decent version of them. AirLandFS works really well, is no problem to install or operate and doesn’t need to run at all times when not using the model if that is any concern.

Simmers unwilling to use AirLandFS, can still elect to wait for native support, same as they would if it’s not released soon.

4 Likes

Absolutely, as mentioned, we are going to provide AirlandFS compatibility for this project regardless of the vote. It’s coming as a primary and/or alternative because our team feels it deeply simulates all aspects we desire.

Here’s a nice copy/paste from our Discord regarding our primary concern and to why this poll exists:

I think our biggest concern and why we are even having this Poll is primary for one reason. Yes, it makes perfect sense to release this as AirlandFS and upgrade to native once available. However, this is a Low Cost Payware project and when money is involved, emotions are high. Our community is always our biggest support and concern.

Our little development team is not throwing all our eggs in one basket. We can drop this Helo by the end of the month and be happy because we are still working some fantastic projects we KNOW the community will love regardless of this helo. That being said, we aren’t bleeding resources and time, so waiting until next year to drop this helo is perfectly fine with our team as well… as disappointing as that may sound.

Our biggest thing has always been community outreach and supporting the majority decision. We’ve even had to adjust our project timelines this year alone because of that. Yes, it puts some extra stress on our team, but it’s healthy stress for sure. It pushes us to continue delivering quality, building a great name around Got Friends, and ensuring the majority is satisfied with our work at the end of the day.

3 Likes