Another ucrtbase.dll / 0xc0000005 related issue

Hi,

i’m encountering random CTDs ever since i bought the sim a month ago, and to be quite frank: Between these frustrating events and the totally obscure and locked out folder structure (MS Store version) i really start regretting the purchase.

Don’t get me wrong, the sim is great when it runs, but at this point i can’t be bothered anymore to start a 2-3hr flight just to encounter a CTD shortly before entering final.

That being said, CTDs don’t always take 3hrs to occur, at times i have 3 CTDs in 1hr as well.

What i did so far:

• made sure page file is 1.5x size of RAM
  • made sure “main thread” is not limiting the sim as per devmode → display FPS
  • made sure i am not on “AI Offline” in the traffic settings
  • limiting the sim to 30FPS
  • made sure all drivers are up to date
  • probably some more i just can’t remember right now because the last few hrs of troubleshooting been messing with my head a lot

I can fly other sims all day no problem, but MSFS keeps stealing my nerves… Spending all day trouble shooting without finding any solution leads me to asking here. Any advice besides “reinstall MSFS and hope for the best”?
Oh, right, yea… it’s my 2nd install already… ■■■■ i’m frustrated.

Couldn’t agree more - just had a nice longhaul flight from Montreal to Istanbul; 12nm before landing again the obligatory longhaul ctd, error code below.

All in all this piece of software is driving me more and more nuts…what a shame, that a company like Microsoft is not able to produce a solid product here…if SU10 does not improve reliability significantly, it’ll be removed and good old p3d will get another chance…

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.26.5.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.26.5.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000191ed8
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x48b8
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d8bfe82b5a6f77
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Berichtskennung: ca614ca1-3a06-43a4-8c5d-5e9f8a5f6e19
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: App