[ANSWERED] Price Increase?

So the original purchase was 60,90 and 120 for the 3 versions. It costs 99 to upgrade from standard to top tier? I got the standard to have a copy thinking I would decide on upgrading later. But this would make my total purchases $160 now if I want to upgrade. WTF? Was there a warning regarding the penalty we would face by doing this? And to think at first I was like I should just play the game pass and be out 5 bucks for a month. Guess I should have done that.

Am I missing something here? Or are folks like myself being penalized for not going full premium with the original purchase?

4 Likes

Their own FAQ

Q: Will I be able to upgrade editions?

A: Yes it is possible, but the most cost-efficient way to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator is to buy the edition you are interested in.

8 Likes

Well now after reading others thoughts on the premium planes and how broken they are, I guess my anger is a tiny bit elleviated lol.

Yea I guess I should have read the facts, you got me there. Should have keyed in on those 2 words “most cost-efficient”. Thanks for sticking for the man lol.
Does not change how crappy what they are doing is though.

4 Likes

And lucky for me I had decided I would never need those planes and airports. I had just enjoyed the game I did purchase enough I thought I would give them more money. Not happening now and may not happen even if on a sale. Cant see how this was a winning strategy.

I think their upgrade pricing is ridiculous and not a serious way of treating customers, because it’s hard to see any logic in it unless you take greed into account. I’m staying with the standard package until this changes.

2 Likes

Try the Premium Deluxe upgrade - that was $85 and is the top-tier.

So you are only paying $25 more than if bought up front.

Oh, and be happy you didnt buy Deluxe up front and now want to go to premium - thats the big bucks total!

1 Like

Hard to see why the prices should be different at all, going the upgrade path or buying premium/deluxe from start.

Base+X = Deluxe+Y =Deluxe Premium

Maybe thats too simple… :blue_heart:

LOL you’ve discovered the package deal congratulations. These are bundles of software sold cheaper than to buy them individually - maybe go to your local supermarket they are quite common :wink:

6 Likes

bonjour a tous
j ai acheter msfs 2020 standart sur amazon 69.99 apres quelques jours dessus je suis passer au premium via le simulateur 99.99
je pensais qu’il y avait une mise a niveau du prix j’ai donc payer 2 versions 170 euros mais avec une seule CLES de jeux ce qui n’est pas normale j’ai payer 2 versions plein tarifs donc je veux 2 Cles
j’espere qu’il feront le necessaire car sinon c’est du raquet

Moderator Edit:

Translated from fr by Microsoft

hello to all
I buy msfs 2020 standart on amazon 69.99 after a few days on it I’m switching to premium via simulator 99.99
I thought there was an upgrade to the price so I pay 2 versions 170 euros but with only one CLES games which is not normal I pay 2 versions full fares so I want 2 Cles
I hope they will do the necessary because otherwise it’s raquet

1 Like

Bonjour @AZUR1959 the truth is the premium version costs 70 euros more anyway than the standard version, so paying an extra 29 euros isn’t great but I guess they didn’t figure you were going to buy the premuim version so soon.

I wonder if this makes 99 euros feel any better :slight_smile: I’ve just put a mock price up for each addon to the cost of 99 euros. Some of these add-ons are pretty decent - Heathrow for example is great.

DELUXE EDITION
€4 Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (Netherlands)
€4 Cairo International Airport (Egypt)
€4 Cape Town International Airport (South Africa)
€4 O’Hare International Airport (USA)
€4 Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas Airport (Spain)
€20 Total

ADDITIONAL DELUXE EDITION PLANES
€5 Diamond Aircraft DA40-TDI
€5 Diamond Aircraft DV20
€5 Textron Aviation Beechcraft Baron G58
€5 Textron Aviation Cessna 152 Aerobat
€5 Textron Aviation Cessna 172 Skyhawk
€25 Total

PREMIUM EDITION
€4 Denver International Airport (USA)
€4 Dubai International Airport (United Arab Emirates)
€4 Frankfurt Airport (Germany)
€4 Heathrow Airport (United Kingdom)
€4 San Francisco International Airport (USA)
€20 Total

ADDITIONAL PREMIUM EDITION PLANES
€12 Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner
€5 3 Cirrus Aircraft SR22
€5 Pipistrel Virus SW 121
€7 Textron Aviation Cessna Citation Longitude
€5 Zlin Aviation Shock Ultra
€35 Total

Package Upgrade Total €99

1 Like

The Premium Deluxe edition is a scam anyways. The SR22 and the Pipistrel are pretty good but the 787 and the Longitude are straight up broken. The Deluxe edition isn’t much better… the steam gauge 172 is great, as is the DV20, but I don’t really see the point of the DA40-TDI or the Aerobat, and the Baron is also broken.

The SR22 and the Pipistrel are literally the only reasons that I don’t regret buying the top version.

bonsoir
vous avez une drôle de façon de calculer, Car la versions standard est a 69.99 euros et la version premium a 120 euros MAXI avec tous le addons que vous me m’annoncer si dessus
69.99 + 99.99 euros =169.98
version premium 120 euros MAXI
169.99-120 =49.99 je peut presque acheter une autre version Standard je suis SIMEUR depuis plus de 30 ans " MAIS LA JE RESTE SUR LE CUL"
je trouve leurs Façons COMMERCIAL un peut louche et je suis très DÉÇU
j’aurais du rester sur XPLANE
Amicalement

1 Like

You did what in a cup?!

j’avais oublier et tous cela avec une seule CLÉS activation car j’ai payer deux VERSIONS

don’t you see the globe icon under any non-english posts? That’ll do a translation if you press it.

IRRELEVANT, Don’t you see the Code of Conduct header at the top of the forum:

:small_blue_diamond: Language
This forum is only able to support the English language at this time. However, if you are in the Multiplayer section looking for groups or friends to fly with, this is the one exception where other languages are acceptable. Just note we cannot process any official requests or flags that are in another language other than English.

2 Likes

I know that, but the poster had apparently not seen the rule.

Either way, as you do not appear to be a moderator, then it is not up to you to enforce the rules, especially in such a disrespectful manner.

3 Likes

That was your interpretation, but not my intention. It was to show that when people don’t speak the language or follow the rules (yours, mine and their responsibility) then the result is that it appears as jibberish to the rest which is what I was trying to show respectfully with a humorous example.

Then i apologise for not picking up on your humour and hope that that your intended target did.