Anti aliasing needs to be improved

No thanks, i’d rather not have aliasing and jaggies in all my games.

Ruins the immersion. There’s better ways of fixing that issue that you describe than dumbing down the graphics.

1 Like

Is this issue part of the anti aliasing problem?

1 Like

Yes that’s due to the Anti Aliasing bug.

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation.
It’s so distracting.

Hopefully they will fix this in the near future.

Cheers

Mark

1 Like

It’s interesting because like I mentioned, this same problem can be seen in other simulators (XP11, P3D, DCS World, etc).

Something that all these titles share is definitely messed up. I would assume this is more of an issue with Windows 10 and 11 itself… but with the coming of Xbox release I wouldn’t be surprised if Microsoft intentionally did this to get the sim to be compatible on console…

This is the biggest problem when it comes to having Console/PC cross compatibility… PC suffers because of the consoles limitations. I am glad that you guys are all now noticing this and it’s not normal or a figment of imagination! Many people in other forums would consider it to be normal (which it isn’t) and it was so frustrating getting the point across. Simulators have never looked this bad in the past.

I can’t wait for this to be fixed so I can get back to flying again… errr any day now please…

I fly mainly on Prepar3D right now but I also love MSFS and await its maturity status. With regards to this same exact issue, here’s some posts that I’ve made in other forums, please do check them out:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=143124&p=244961#p244961

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=140489

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=142570&p=244960#p244960

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=141370

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=141801

It used to be assumed that this was an issue on a per application basis but it’s become clear that it is not the case since many people report this anti aliasing bug in a wide variety of games.

This isn’t hardware related either, it happens on both Intel/AMD systems… both Radeon/NVIDIA GPU’s as well.

That leaves this issue as being software related and it doesn’t appear to be something accessible to the user. Considering it’s happening on both sets of GPU’s and Processors, my assumption is that this falls back on Microsoft to fix. It’s a Windows problem.

Under investigation now! I hope AA is referring to Anti Aliasing. :grin:

2 Likes

Great news, here’s hoping :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Nice, this is a step in the right direction!!

1 Like

The AA downgrade is not just for NVIDIA. It’s pretty horrible on AMD and I haven’t flown since the release of SU5. The downgrade is less visible in 2D, but if you fly in VR (Reverb G2), it’s a shimmer fest with tree poping in right underneath the plane. It’s been a year since the release of the sim, and I don’t know if things will ever get fixed to a point where we can have a reliable and immersive experience. It’s been such a let down for me.

2 Likes

They have not worked on VR side since the release. CTD for AMD GPU took 9 months to get resolved. The only reason it got fixed was because MS had to release XBOX version that uses AMD APU. I doubt they are even looking at the VR side at the moment.

Well if you look at the screenshot I posted, it says the feedback snapshot is for VR.

I hope they’re fixing AA for 2D as well.

1 Like

I hope the will fix the damage Antialiasing in the next World Update. At the moment the shine and shimmer in VR is so intensiv. It’s a massiv downgrade in contrast to simupdate 4.

2 Likes

Just to mention, I’ve tried countless suggestions, hardware replacements, and software reinstalls including downgrading the OS all the way down to Windows 7 and the problem was still present. If you guys have noticed, Microsoft disabled the ability to turn off ‘desktop composition’. This was later renamed to Fullscreen Optimizations. In the past if a game had a problem with AA, usually toggling this would fix the problem. But it doesn’t seem to do anything anymore.

I’m not sure but I’ve heard that Microsoft doesn’t just update your system through Microsoft Update, but also through a backdoor found in One Drive? Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Reason being the other day I turned off my PC and after a restart I found the new MS Teams Chat icon in my taskbar when I never saw the system claim that there was an update?

With regards to the AA problem, many people have cited that they just happened to turn on their PC one day and from that point on the graphics looked totally off. This is exactly what happened to me.

I’ve tried also uninstalling all updates but the few updates I couldn’t uninstall was the “Windows Feature Experience Pack”… This pack also goes all the way back to Windows 7… So I wonder if the AA change is coming from those faulty updates?

2 Likes

Hi guys, please upvote this thread…

Thanks!

1 Like

Would like dlss

1 Like

+1 Agreed, DLSS would be great.

But let’s fix the standard AA first.

2 Likes

In relation with AA distance shadows are in poor state as well. Especially on clearish sunny days some buildings pop up in the horizon like a black small monsters with their quite distinctive shadows. It looks like some buildings create big dark shadows some not and it kills the immersion as expected. It should be reviewed I guess.

Kind regards.

2 Likes

In 4k there’s just so much shimmering all over everything, even the ground has these straight lines of shimmer when you have the camera right

Don’t get me started about the buildings

It’s so baddddd

2 Likes

The bug in the bug list only refers to the menus… Who cares about the menus?? Sure they looked nicerbefore, but the real problem is the in-game AA, especially in VR which is simply horrendous now, especially on a bright sunny day. This the worst of the SU5 bugs for me, please fix!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.