Any Brunner owners have profile recommendations for default planes?

Hi all,
I bought the Brunner CLS-E NG yoke and CLS-E MK II rudder pedals specifically for MSFS.
Does anyone have any recommendations on profiles that would fit some of the default aircraft?

Oh man I want those so badly. There is a forum on their website where you may be able to find some help.

Thanks. Honestly, my experience so far with Brunner has been a mixed bag. The default profile has the yoke axes backwards in MSFS for me. The hat switch sometimes acts up and does all kinds of crazy things to me. And this one may be on Microsoft and not Brunner, but I feel the Brunner reacting differently to turbulence than what I’m seeing happen to the plane. I suppose it would be more fair to buy X-Plane 11 and see if it feels better in a more mature sim.

Also, thanks on the forum tip. I’ve been there. There are like three or four active people in those forums. They don’t get nearly as much traffic as here, so I’m hoping someone here could make a recommendation.

thanks for the feedback. I’m waiting until the sim goes through its growing pains before i take the plunge.

X-Plane 11 is great, but nowhere near as visually stunning as 2020. It still takes quite a bit of polish (ortho scenery, planes, airports, etc) to even attempt to come close.

I hope you can get it worked out. There are some youtubers that upload fairly regularly that have the yoke and are in FS. I used to watch this guy’s stuff regularly. Maybe you can shoot him a PM on youtube and see what his settings are.

Thank you! I’ll take a look.
I listened to an interview with Austin Meyer (creator of X-Plane) responding to MSFS, and he said that they had spent a lot of time working on the Vulcan engine, not scenery. And he also said that he has focused hard on ensuring that his file formats and folder structures are future-proof to ensure the future of third-party development. And he’s not really a fan of aerial scenery. It’s interesting to hear his take, whether one agrees with him or not:

1 Like

I’m interested to see what you find, I have the same Brunner yoke ordered so hopefully it’ll be here soon-ish. I did see the TBM 930 was on the Brunner profiles pages somewhere on their site. I’m probably going to start with that for both the TBM and the 208 and mod from there.

Oh, I just saw that you also got the rudder pedals. What do you think of them?

I don’t know. I haven’t gotten them working yet. I’ve run into so many problems since I’ve gotten these. I couldn’t get them to work initially because I could only either use the rudder or the yoke at once, and it’s a lot easier to fly with just a yoke than just a rudder. Turns out that if you want to use both, you have to connect the two via an CAT5 cable. The only way I would have known was by following this instruction:

Connect the CLS-E MK II RUDDER with your computer via
the provided USB cable.
SEE CHAPTER 5 WIRING DIAGRAM ON PAGE 27.

And if you’re like me and say to yourself, “I don’t need a wiring diagram!” you miss out on the key instruction that says you can’t connect it with the USB cable. Then when I attach the CAT5 cable, the yoke or rudder start behaving violently and CLS2SIM won’t connect to the devices. So right now, I have a ticket out with Brunner to figure out what’s going on.

Overall, I am not in love with Brunner so far. The software is not intuitive, it takes support a few days to respond, I haven’t yet gotten everything working, my antivirus software thought CLS2SIM had a virus in it, and my yoke’s feet scratched my desk. Also, most of the available profiles are for the CLS-E MK II yoke, not the CLS-E NG yoke. Profiles are not interchangeable. So there’s only one TBM profile for the NG, but the MK II has several.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll keep you posted on the profiles when I get mine in about a week.

Hey if you need help ask away I have had CLS-E Yoke and Rudder for over a year now. The violent reaction is in the settings, you have to tone some items down. I had same reaction when i first started. Now I won’t sim (fly) without this setup. The yoke plugs into the CAT5 input of rudder and rudder cable plugs into USB of computer. you have a choice to use CAT5 to computer I use USB. once done power the units and start CLS2Sim Hardware with connect to program and initialize DO NOT TOUCH Controls when calibration is happening If it did not auto initialize good, Open under FILE… settings, USB HID should be green. USB device should read CLSE Rudder (might read CLSEEMK Rudder…) I have Auto connect and Auto Init checked Pick your SIM MSFS2020 if you have latest version of CLS2SIM and Auto Connect Checked also. press OK back to opening screen Press Connect and Auto Init should start once finished hit connect again when you open Sim. Great thing Once you have this set up you can Start and forget.

Now about violent reactions that is in the profile you have selected which most were made for FSX and Xplane and some newer ones for Prepar3d I use Default for MSFS and if you open profiler manager go through the tabs and tone down the settings.

Hope this helps
Reach out if you need anything
Steve

1 Like

Ok, got my NG yoke and finally got it setup. I thought something was misconfigured but it appears the slope/sensitivity I had set for my rudders previously made them way too twitchy with the new yoke. Just finished a short flight and all seems ok. Now comes the fun part of trying to play around with settings to see exactly how they react regards to the plane.

Interestingly, I was able to program the buttons on the yoke via FSUIPC which was nice. There def is a lack of profiles for this so I’m probably going to end up creating one for pistons, turboprops and maybe twins. I’m looking for something that “feels good”. We’ll see what I end up with.

1 Like

Hey Steve, thanks for the info! Sorry, I totally missed replying to this until I got a notification for the post underneath you.
Turns out the violent reactions were probably because my CAT5 cable was too long. They say you can’t have more than 3 m. I used my own cable, and it was 12 feet (3½ m). But Brunner support logged into my computer and flashed the firmware while telling me my cable was too long. So because they did both of those things at the same time, I am not 100% sure which one of them was the culprit.
I do have a few questions for you, if you don’t mind:

1. Are you starting MSFS through CLS2Sim? I’m asking because I’m using the fast start with a flags on it and using cmd.exe:
    C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch
    But if you start the sim through CLS2Sim, there is no option to add flags. Do you start it the regular way?
  2. I wanted to have a ground vibration effect, but my pedals just act like I’m hitting potholes and shift around haphazardly. Do you have that, too? Brunner told me that’s the way they should behave, but that’s not my definition of “vibration”.

Glad you finally got it! Yeah, I’m really sad that there aren’t that many profiles for the NG and that the profiles are not compatible with each other. That being said, you can log a ticket and they will convert profiles to NG for you. If you see the CloudAvionics 172 profile for the NG, that’s because I asked them to convert that for me.
Curious to know what buttons you mapped that you had to use FSUIPC. I mapped the hat, obviously, to look around the cockpit. I mapped the trim switch to move vertically up and down (I will be putting this into a cockpit eventually with a real trim wheel), my two red buttons are for zooming in and out, and the single red button in the front will be reserved for push-to-talk when I get around to joining the VATSIM network. The hat switch push button is unmapped at this point. What are you mapping?

Hey Glad support could help with your situations. No I dont start MSFS through CLS2Sim. I dont believe there is any benefit… I also run SPADNEXT, Trackir, FSUIPC7, RemoteFlight, and two or three others. In settings Sim MSFS2020 Checked, Auto connect, and start minimized. I always right click and Run As Adminstrator on all programs related to flight sim.

As for ground effect yes in Profile Manager under Effects Tab check Yoke Pulled down by elevator weight 45% great effect you will impress everyone that tries this yoke when you power up the engines and as the speed increases the yoke reacts

Ground Vibrations enabled Checked Force min 10% Force Mac15% Elevator and Rudder Checked That aggressive Potholes i tuned it down I much like the vibrations of the engines especially older prop engines
massaging my feet before a long flight during taxi, and by definition some GA airport taxiways are pretty rough but i dont have much of any experience for my 3 or 4 ppl lessons i took 20 years ago but i do know how my steering wheel reacts in my car sometimes just as violent, not good when driving wifes car and she is in it. Motor Vibrations i have set around 60% Enjoy MSFS2020 is a joy to fly in so many ways.

Steve

If using FSUIPC remember to unbound Buttons Tab in Profile Manager… just a heads up

Steve

When I’m at 10% min, it still reacts violently. Are you saying that on yours it just vibrates?

Well, Future proof in Austin Meyer land. Dude’s kind of in his own world out there. You can definitely still tell that X-plane was just an extension of an aerodynamics testing program he made for himself. It’s all sort of clunky and scattershot and 3rd party has always been anemic as heck.

No it gives a slight kick left or right to a give true feel of going over the joints of the surface your traveling on.

I dont think its that violent at least at the percents i have picked.

Hmmm, interesting. Mine are at a lower percentage than yours and they kick around side-to-side rather than evenly. I logged a ticket with Brunner for this.

Have you updated to latest CLS2sim? 4.27.12 is latest ver
Don’t know if that will help, Hope they can figure it out.