Any Brunner Yoke Folks out there?

If I order one of these shipped to me in the US, will it be compatible with US electrical outlets, or does it need an adapter of some kind?

100%. The power brick has your typical PC/Monitor type AC connection but in the box brunner sent the appropriate cabling. No issues!

I will say after sorting out an issue with my profiles, this thing is incredible! Can’t wait to sit down and tweak a bit more tomorrow and get everything dialed in. I actually used my honeycomb clamps and it holds it to the desk really well. Only issue is the pitch force can be so strong that my desk actually moves lol.

1 Like

Thanks, also interested to hear if you get the AP issues worked out, I think I saw a post elsewhere where someone else reported that same problem.

Ap issues are sorted! There was a setting I had enabled that was conflicting. I’m gonna sit down and read up on all the settings ect today and really put it through it’s paces. This is certainly not just an “plug and play” device and rightfully so. Each aircraft flies differently and the yoke will need some tweaking to get to where it feels right. I only have 172 and some warrior experience irl so I’ll have to rely on the online profiles for something like the cj4 ect as I have no idea how an aircraft with hydraulics would fly. All things considered this is the most realistic flight sim experience I’ve ever had - and that’s just with using it for about 2 hours of messing with it. I’ll probably make a separate review post in a few days just to have all my thoughts in a clear easier to read/find place.

Glad to hear that! I’m pondering the yoke, the joy stick, and the pedals which would be awesome but quite expensive. Are you in the US, did you have to pay import duties?

Any Brunner users have multiple devices? I’m considering getting all 3 of these:
CLS-E MK II YOKE
CLS-E FORCE FEEDBACK JOYSTICK
CLS-E MK II RUDDER with Toe Brakes

but I wonder can I have the yoke and the stick both connected but only 1 enabled per aircraft? Or do I have to plug and unplug anything to switch between using the yoke or the stick?

I gather the yoke would be connected to the rudder by a CAT-5 cable, can the stick be connected at the same time like daisy chained or not?

No import duties that I’ve seen. Im so impressed the rudders will probably be on deck for the near future. I know 2 yokes can run in sync mode, not sure how it interops with the stick.

1 Like

I just ordered all 3 of these, very expensive but this is my primary hobby and I have high hopes that in combination with my Varjo headset, this is going to make flying seem very real.

CLS-E MK II YOKE
CLS-E FORCE FEEDBACK JOYSTICK
CLS-E MK II RUDDER with Toe Brakes

How long did it take to receive yours once you ordered?

1 Like

It took me longer to get an order confirmation than to receive it I think lol.

• Ordered: 7th (Received automatic confirmation)
  • Personal order confirmation: 11th
  • Tracking number: 13th
  • Received: 15th

I just did a flight in the other sim lol, the AFL 172NG and flew KHXD to KLAL and it was absolutely incredible. Took off and hand flew to cruising alt, then AP the rest of the way. Started a descent via AP and then disconnected and hand flew the RNAV 28 with some light turbulence. This was definitely the move for sure. Now to be fair I spent the majority of my Saturday this past weekend tweaking profiles etc for all of the planes I fly based upon what was on the Brunner cloud. I can only speak to my 172 hours and I’d say I have the XP11 172NG flying next to perfect. The MSFS 172 is a close second - only issue really being the excessive ground effect in this sim so I never feel like I’m really pulling back to hold the nose off, kinda feels like it does it automatically to me. The CJ4 profile that was on the cloud feels incredible, I just had to tweak some of the hydraulic settings as it still felt really heavy to hand fly. Now I have no real world CJ4 experience so maybe asking around might yield an answer as to how heavy it should feel. I agree though, this being my primary hobby I’m looking to have it feel as authentic as it can be. Avgas fuel prices are rediculous now so that’s slowed down my IRL flying and the pursuit of my instrument rating. 2 IFR XC flights with an instructor is about the cost of this yoke by me and I’ve already had 2 quite enjoyable flights with it already amounting to that amount of time. Not sure if your coming from a previous yoke or not but Im actually using my honeycomb alpha clamps to hold this monster to the table without issue. The unit itself is surprisingly light, but the forces its cable of generating are outrageous!

I’m coming from the Honeycomb Alpha as well so glad to hear I can use those clamps!
I’m upgrading from a Virpil Mongoose stick and ordered the monster mounts plate to update my desk mount for the stick from the Virpil to the Brunner. I currently have the Thrustmaster TPR pedals that will be upgraded to the Brunner pedals.

Nice! I have been using the TPR’s myself for a few years now they’re really great for what they are. This is how I used the honeycomb clamps. I basically sat them over the tabs of the brunner. Eventually when I get to constructing something that isn’t this ikea desk it’ll probably get bolted down. This panel was also make for the yoko so its a bit wider. Ill need to get some molding or something to fill in the gaps on the sides a bit.

Nice!
I should mention before I saw this thread I had never heard of Brunner and had no idea that force feedback controllers were available and could work with MSFS, they probably owe you a sales commission.

Haha that would be nice! I was in the market a few years back and heard of Brunner, saw the price tag and just didn’t think it was worth it. Plus I was originally looking at the NG model which I saw had a very small amount of yoke travel at 3.6in. So both of those combined I ended up with the Yoko which had a lot of travel and all in all it is a fantastic yoke. Once I did that I went with the RSG TBM panel which is incredible and have been happy for some time. Ultimately everything felt good but still lacking some sort of feel to my flying. This and my other recent purchase ,the buttkicker - have certainly changed that! Next up will def be these rudders!

Have you tried VR yet? I fly pretty much 100% in VR so external displays and hardware like that TBM panel don’t appeal too much to me. I just want knobs, buttons, switches, and controllers that I can feel and grab from muscle memory without seeing them since I have the headset on. As long as I can see things move inside the VR cockpit corresponding to what I’m doing it is very immersive. The 3D experience of being inside the cockpit in VR is just great, I can’t really go back to 2D.

Some buttons and switches I don’t mind using the mouse with in VR, but I like physical knobs for rotary knobs as I can’t manage them that well with the mouse, and I do try to map most commonly used things to physical buttons and switches to minimize how much I use the mouse. But for some things like the GTN750 using the mouse is just about as natural as touching the actual touch screen in real life. I easily forget I’m even using the mouse.

1 Like

I actually mostly fly in VR. The great thing about these panels is all the button knobs and switches are in the right spot. So right from muscle memory I can reach and program a flight plan, tune radios, setup autopilot etc. Granted its a bit overkill just for that but I also do enough flying out of VR that its worth it. If Im trying to do something specific or just not in the mood to put the headset on, Ill fly out of VR. There is quite nothing like flying in VR though!

1 Like

I guess it would be nice to have something like that for the exact match of buttons and knobs even if you can’t see the screen while in VR. I’ve got 2 knobs on my Virpil throttle that I can multiply to 10 knobs with the 5 way rotary switch and 3 on a Virpil panel that I can multiply with a few other switch combos, but it is hard to remember all the various combos I’ve configured, it would be a lot nicer to have specific dedicated knobs for most things.

Have you looked in to the knobster? Its basically a one knob solution which I think has a way to highlight the control you want to manipulate, and then use the knob to adjust accordingly.

I looked at knobster a while back but it doesn’t seem like a good VR solution, not a good way to know while in VR what knob is selected.
You’ve got me thinking about getting one or more g1000 panels mainly for the buttons and knobs. This one looks promising: FlightSimBuilder G1000

But I need to take a break on spending money for a while after ordering those Brunner items.

1 Like

Haha I hear that! That G1000 builder doesn’t seem like a bad idea. I think in XP11 there was a way in VR to know, not sure how MSFS works with Knobster.

I have just placed the order for a CLS-E NG Force feedback yoke. There were just a few reasons why I decided to purchase it. I used to fly GE planes with y friend in CA, NV, and AZ. Having changed to retirement I cannot afford any more the cost of flying a real plane. Another reason is the multiple health problems that have also led me to decide to stop driving a car. And finally, the MSFS makes it possible to repeat the many great real flights and do sightseeing trips.

So a year ago I did make myself, DIY, PC using a powerful motherboard, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme with a 11700k CPU, an MSI RTX3080 graphics card, SAMSUNG PRO 980 2TB, 32GB DRAM.

For the simulator, I did purchase the peripherals that Logitech offers and included is the Yoke. As much as enjoyed flying with the sim the lag of a real operated yoke become a reason for being unsatisfied. So looking around and reading and listening to YouTube videos I did find the yoke from Brunner. I hope when I run it the behavior of the yoke will be a close match with what I remember from flying real planes. I did my flying license in Germany, EDMJ, 408x12 meter runway. On such a short runway you should touch down at the beginning of the runway and with the lowest speed possible. Basically at the point in time you touch down the stall warning should be ringing. To achieve this the feeling of the pressure on the yoke plays an important part. Here I hope to get an intersting yoke.

What makes me wonder is what data the Brunner yoke is getting from the simulator that enables it to show the proper force feedback. I wonder how realistic and sensitive the flight dynamics of a plane selected in the sim is and what quality the data is that it passes to the Brunner yoke.

1 Like