Any issues? Windows 11 Preview + MSFS 2020 w/ July 27 Performance Update

Will be intersting to see if the upcomming patch will work with win 11, or in other words if i’m able to update.
Before i upgraded to win11 i hat SU5 and the Hotfix and no Problem whatsoever

When is it coming?

Supposed tomorrow (Friday) Monday lastest

Had windows 11 trial since it came out on the dev channel.
Moved to beta now.
No problems whatsoever

1 Like

I thought some people had difficulties with updating
But i guess tomorrow i will see.

Join the windows insider program.
Then follow the guidelines to upgrade to Windows 11 preview.
It’s actually much prettier than Windows 10

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d like to dl win11 but msfs us my top priority.

So you just updated with MSFS already installed on your system? Or did you have to reinstall MSFS. I’m still on the fence about WIn11.

Yes I updated with msfs already installed.
Absolute flawless transition

2 Likes

I have been using Windows 11 for a while now, without any issues at all. There are no huge changes in the core of the OS, as most of the differences are aesthetic, for now.

The main issue with using the beta, is that it adds an extra layer of complication to diagnosing issues within MSFS - and makes assigning blame to Asobo a little thornier.:wink:

1 Like

I rolled back to Windows 10. On Windows 11, I encountered issue completing a mandatory update. Selecting mandatory update opens store app with main landing page and not to MSFS 2020 app.

Interestingly, switching from Windows 10->11 or 11->10 required MSFS 2020 re-install for me.

I will wait until I clearly understand the process to update MSFS 2020 on Windows 11. There is only 10 days window to roll back to Windows 10.

Can’t you rollback to Windows 10 anytime, though?

I learnt that there is a 10 day window for recovery cache before it gets cleared (automatically to make space) . Once cleared, it will require a full install of Windows 10. I rolled back on just the last day.

Example:

I was going to try it but I don’t have 64gb of available space. I’ve got 40. So it would be mean reinstalling MSFS which I’m not going to do:(

Ah , I figured out a way. Copied the One Store folder over to my sd card. Will delete the one store folder which is 120gb, upgrade to Win 11, copy one store back over. I’ll try that tonight.

It ain’t worth upgrading to 11 imo. Just eye candy. I had problems with audio in MSFS. Cockpit was way too quiet. Rounded corners, ooh, ah, who cares. Start menu in 10 is better. It’s basically 10 with things in different places. Most people will try it out and go back to 10. Marketing ploy.

1 Like

FPS test // Windows 10 vs Windows 11

Lower = better

Windows 10

Windows 11

4 Likes

Hi…
I cannot play any more my MSFS 2020 on my labtop after ugrading to win 11.
The Game pass notification works well.
But when I click to run it, the cursor turns about 10 seconds and nothing happened…
(My laptop specification is Lenovo Ideapad gaming 3 (with Nvidia). With win 10, it worked very well.

well, it was your choice to try out a preview version.
you should have done that on a separate os partition.

1 Like