Any Solution to A320 AP Bug Yet?

That’s exactly what I tried. I always start cold and dark at the gate so I replicated it here both times as well. I forgot to mention that bit though. Seemed to work for me, but like I said, I’ll keep trying.

1 Like

Could you try a Cold start out of EDDF RWY 18, CIND2S SID please and share what you find? Thx

Once again, I just tried a test flight using the same route KSFO-KDEN. Started cold and dark from the gate, departed using the same exact runway, SID, route, waypoints, and STAR and all was fine. Also, used the default A320neo. This time, I flew it as normal and did not try any solutions such as turning off the FLT/CTL switches. At this point, I’m not eager to fly the flight for real and see what happens. Wish me luck for a successful flight. I’ll report back here soon my results.

2 Likes

So this is the same flight that you had AP issues with before but now everything worked with no workarounds?

Yeah, I wish… just failed AGAIN!

Okay, so update everyone:

After multiple rather successful test/trial flights with the default A320neo starting cold and dark from the gate, I finally decided to bite the bullet and give my flight another shot. The route was KSFO-KDEN. My cruising altitude was FL370. After taking off and climbing all manually, it came time to set the AP at FL370… and well, long story short, no success. I’m seriously at a loss. I can’t believe after many successful trial flights, as soon as I try it for real, it decides to go haywire and bank sharp left on me for no reason.

While this bug is still so irritating, I’m also starting to really get frustrated with the inability to climb after reaching FL300. I set my payload at 30%, which is relatively light. Basically, I put the bare minimum of fuel to get me the 2.5 hours over to KDEN. Once past FL350, I was getting a climb rate of only 100 FPM and my AOA was nearly 20 degrees. I was extremely close to the red “stall ribbon” on the airspeed indicator on the PFD. I could only imagine a cross-country flight where you need more fuel than that. I think it would be impossible to reach anything above FL350, maybe even FL300 in that case with the current state of the A320 post update.

This got me wondering. Since everybody here is pretty much experiencing the climb rate issue as well as the AP banking/death spiral bug, could these two be related? Like I said, I was nearly stalling, so by setting the AP, could it have overreacted and sent me into a downward left bank to get out of the near stall? Idk, but I’m interested to hear ya’ll’s input on this possibility.

Long story short, another failed attempt just when I had the slightest glimmer of hope. Looks like it’s time to step away from MFS2020 for a little while longer. At this point, I’m giving up.

6 Likes

I think they are related. I’ve had climb issues also, but thought that maybe I didn’t set something up correctly. I’m starting to notice it more and more with each flight. Sometimes I can get to FL390 easy and other times the plane barely makes it to FL330. I’ve started to begin my flights from the runway to avoid these issues but even then it seem to still occur.

Hard and pay $ 427.00 and receive this horrible thing. and we don’t even have a response from the developers, each update gets worse.

3 Likes

Guys, make sure to lodge a bug report to the official MSFS 2020 Zendesk. The more people report the issue, the higher priority it becomes for them to fix it since they use that as one of the systems to determine which bug has more priority than others.

I’m using the latest dev version of A32NX

Starting cold and dark

I had the AP banking left issue too

I tried two workarounds (at the same time)

1. immediately at the start, saved and loaded the flight

2. deleted rolling cache file and built new one

AP now follows the flight plan

1 Like

I don’t think they are related. Although they don’t seem to explicitly ever mention it, each update seems to deliver subtle changes to the “flight model,” which tends to adjust engine performance at different altitudes and conditions (among other things, I guess).

I highly suspect this current AP issue relates to a hasty attempt to fix the bank-oscillation bug we kept dealing with before (which they denoted as a tweak to the yaw damping). Chances are, this change was quickly written, then debugged by simply spawning airborne. I’m guessing they never a C&D with it because they assumed it wouldn’t matter (and such a test would be rather time-consuming).

Having said that, I’d still really recommend you use A32NX. As intuitive as it to think it adds a layer of unwanted instability, it really doesn’t. There’s an army of developers constantly working on it, and anytime some catastrophic problem is encountered or introduced, it’s typically patched within about two hours (and you can always rollback to an earlier version with ease).

In the case of this bug, they’ve already made some tweaks to mitigate this problem, despite them having nothing to do with its cause.

2 Likes

Is our course still deviating by a few miles, or is it precisely following the track?

Precisely following the track

Absolutely, I couldn’t agree more. If you buy a car from a dealership and its not running, you take it back and demand them to fix it or, money back. Plain and simple!

1 Like

I observed from time to time the same problem, and I realized finally that it was due to a bad throttle position. I thought the throttle was at CL position, but it was actually a little bit below. In that case, THR LVR was indicated in the FMA (Flight Mode Annunciator) and it was almost impossible to climb higher than FL300. Moving slowly the throttle up to the CL position until THR CLB is shown in the FMA resolved the problem. Ajusting the throttle axis sensitivity may help.

I have the same bug with AP :slightly_frowning_face:

Andy2819 could you tell me how, where i found the “rolling cache file” and how re built new one?

Thanks a lot

Go to options > general > data > delete rolling cache file

Then just create a new rolling cache file

Let us know if it works for you too

Although I agree, I use the FlyByWwire Airbus also. It is awesome and it is a great flier. I still have the same autopilot issue with that plane. I’ve re-downloaded/reinstalled from their website without any luck, Also, I don’t see any updates on their website regarding a fix to this issue. If you know how to fix it, please let us know (with download/installation specifics :slight_smile: ) thanks!

There is a post here about deleting the rolling cache so I’ve give that a try.

No offense but I don’t recommend anyone get into the habit of working for free and filing bug reports. I did that for three years for another developer. You wouldn’t work for free, would you? Neither would I. If they can’t produce a working game without paying people to write bug reports, then don’t make the game…

4 Likes

But how do u create a new one