Any SU6 VR comments?

No probs :slight_smile:

Here in Aus, there’s a special on the 5950x for about $1099

5600x is about $450

Just came here to say this update for VR is insanely good.
I run a 9700k @5.2ghz all core with 6900xt and 3800mhz ram with a G1 headset.
I was just able to fly at full 100% Render scale Open XR Tool and 100% Render Scale in game with everything maxed textures all other settings high, man I am over the moon this was really smooth, keep going Asobo, doing a great job, I really cant believe how much smooth it ran compared to SU5.
It is even smoother on the ground, at this progress rate we should have 90fps by the new year in full res.
Really excited to see if DX12 can improve things further, also the Reno air race is going to be such a pleasure with the current performance

1 Like

Why is it that im flying on the surface of the sun?Will they ever give us an option to tone down this ridiculous brightness.My thoughts about this oversaturation is it is used to mask help with not having to render as much as certain areas you look are a total whiteout basically,it also seems like you never really get a nice clear day even with no clouds its just bright no distance visibility.

1 Like

i got that too

and me too. It looks great in pancake

It is more sensitive to other programs running in the background… for me first time in VR it quickly it started to lag a bit, increasing head movement sensitivity and it just grew until it was a slideshow and unflyable.
Switching to 2d mode and everything was liquid sky super smooth. That is running an Quest 2 airlink’d on a 3080. The airlink is setup properly and I’ve been flying VR smoothly for weeks prior to SU6.
Restarted MSFS, same problem… it reminded me of trying to play Flight Unlimited on a 386…

but…I rebooted the computer and ran only MSFS; it seemed more stable. I probably had too many windows open but that was the norm for me prior to SU6, so it seems its might be really sensitive to CPU usage now.

that is exactly my setup and everything is smooth :wink:

1 Like

I’m getting what looks like ghosting whenever I turn my head. It’s mostly noticeable with the POI markers and lights (I’ve only flown at night so far with SU6). I’m getting double vision on things when I turn my head. It stops when I don’t move my head. It got to the point that I started getting a headache. Also still have the issue of lights turning off when I get close to them. I was flying around downtown Chicago last night and whenever I got close to a building, most of the window lights would turn off. The red safety lights stayed on. It’s almost like the people in the building were trying to hide from me. One positive thing I noticed though is the glow stick in the Marshallers right hand no longer vanishes as I get close to them. My specs are G2, I9 9900K, RTX 3080ti.

I am disappointed with the update because I expected more. I have a relatively good system but the shimmering in the distance disappoints me and I also see nearby objects getting redrawn as I fly over them. Even with a 3080 shifting the LOD above 150 doesn’t seem worth the loss in smoothness.

1 Like

Dapper and Longhorn - it doesn’t sound like you are using reprojection. If not, it be worth giving it a try (excuse me if you have and didn’t like it)

Other than the wobbly artefacts near props / rotors, it’s 90fps smooth silkiness, with just the occasional hiccup.

1 Like

It really just keeps getting better! :beers:

1 Like

Can’t offer any scientific comparison and I guess my expectations where pretty low but, everything seems to be working just as well as it did prior to SU5 and a lot of the issues caused by SU5 seem to have been resolved.

Loving the AA fix and whilst I can’t offer any proof, my gut tells me everything is running just a little bit smoother. Most importantly, there seems to be no major problems introduced during this update and that is worth it’s weight in gold.

Running a barely acceptable Ryzen 5 3600 with 32 gb ram and a 2060 super plus Quest 2.

Mine is not as smooth, I’ve been trying different settings but still not smooth.

Same for me: no stutters, no DTD, all crisp and smooth. Settings unchanged from pre-update.
(did one 45 min flight right after update, yesterday morning)

My performance seems to have taken a hit. I was at 100% in-game render resolution before the update with most settings on high. Now, the only way to get it to not stutter is if I’m at 80% render resolution and reducing most of the settings to Medium or lower.

I don’t think the issue with the panels “falling behind” is a new thing. I distinctly remember noticing that in previous versions as well.

No problems with the G1, some GFX and UI interaction issues have been addressed, new ones have emerged (right tank selector in the G58), it’s still very prone to crash the sim when toggling in and out of VR tho (Latest OXR components installed, using the stable runtime, WMR portal updated).

Everytime I think my settings are good,I load up the sim and with the same settings its always different some days better some days worse.

9 Likes

Same here!

Hrm. I’ve been flying like this for 1+ years and never saw it before.