Anyone get Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and key west working?

I bought this add on tonight from the marketplace. When trying to start a flight out of Fort Lauderdale international, the loading screen stopped for me half way. I uninstalled all airports in that area, removed my rolling cache, and still I get stuck on the flight load screen halfway. When I removed the addon, then I could start a flight. Does this addon work for anyone?

Known problem.
It happens also with other 3rd party scenery.
Say thank you to SU5

1 Like

Its working for me (on Xbox). However I noticed that the night lights pop up only at a very close distance to the airplane. Otherwise flying from a distance the buildings look dark and once I fly really close then the buildings light up suddenly. Not sure if that’s a Xbox issue, MSFS issue, or an add-on issue.

1 Like

That would be a SU5/hotfix thing. Washington DC does the same for me and that is just a photogrammetry city, not an addon.

Since it works for you, I tried a flight out of KMIA instead, and that worked. I’m not sure why flying out of Fort Lauderdale seems to cause it to hang at the flight load screen with this addon…

Same here with Okavango Scenery since SU5.

Does Washington DC have photogrammetry? … I do not think so.

It was updated with one of the US World Update

Well, Asobo has said that they have addressed the line of sight issue, and are supplying a slider bar where it can be adjusted. We will just have to see what happens Tuesday, but yes, the pop in of lights is a side effect from SU5/hotfix.

Aside from the lighting issue, does the scenery pack add much to Miami, the Keys, etc?

The addon does nothing during the daytime, it’s truly just nughttime effects. This is a package that will shine (no pun intended) after the hot fix coming Tuesday. Right now you can see it in pieces as you get close to buildings the lights come on, but when it operates as it should you get outside lighting effecting buildings, and even the lights from next door buildings effecting others. They did a fantastic job like a highway interchange outside the airport, it’s lit up in detail, just like in reality it would. Default lighting wouldn’t have done that. I’m looking forward to seeing this scenery once the hot fix comes, but I flew around enough last night and seeing individual buildings as I got close to know that this should look pretty spectacular once the hot fix takes care of the distance problem.

1 Like

Thanks! Having now loaded up MSFS Marketplace I see what you mean about it being just a lighting mod. I saw the title in the weekly update and thought it was a scenery mod. I’ll stick with the freeware lighting mod on Flightsim.to for now.

Has this issue been resolved where you can only see lighting in pieces as you get close to buildings and then they turn off after you pass?

It looks like this has finally been fixed as of SU6, at least on Xbox. I was flying around downtown Miami at night and the lighting on the buildings with this add-on looked good even from far away.

Yes it’s fixed. I fly in and out of these airports a lot.

They’ve also fixed the jetways and poop ins of assets.

Good job all round!