Anyone having poor ground textures with Bing lately?

Ive been flying over Krakow the last few days and the ground imagery has been a blurred mess. it never used to be like that as Ive flown there frequently. I put it down as maybe being the servers but started a flight today and although initially it looked back to normal, once I reached the city itself the poor textures returned.

Anyone had the same issue?

Maybe try to delete and recreate the Rolling Cache file so it can reload the scenery textures.

Edit: Also don’t forget to restart the sim after you manipulated the Rolling Cache.
Since i use the infamous “replacement mod” i noticed, that without a restart, the old textures are sometimes still preserved in the RAM and will lead to texture conflicts. The same might happen in your case then.

1 Like

Last night I flew over Japan with the Hondajet and yeah, it’s a blurry mess. I thought it was because of the server issue yesterday, and/or the jet itself being a resource hog.

Ah. Might leave it for a week. Spoils the flight.

Def seems to be server issues. For about the past 3 weeks everything MSFS has been loading very slowly w intermittent warnings about insufficient bandwidth. Funny thing is, I dismiss the warning and things then start to pop in. No other app or service is having bandwidth or connectivity issues, only MSFS. So it’s either their servers or MS did something to annoy Xfinity and Xfinity’s taking it out is MS traffic. It5’s annoying. I’d think a company like MS could provision servers and bandwidth almost instantly as needed. :man_shrugging:

I also noticed this. Very blurry ground cover

This post is about pc not Xbox mods

I noticed the same issue over the past couple of days. Places I fly over on a regular basis seem to have reduced in overall visual quality. Setting a higher LOD doesn’t seem to affect the blurrieness at all. I suspect this must be a server/bing issue then. I really hope this gets fixed or fixes itself as this really reduces the sim’s visuals. Nothing compared to where it was a year ago - it almost feels like MSFS is looking worse than it did back when it released.

I made some screenshots today. Mind you, this is only at around 6,000 ft with a LOD of 250

Ngl, this looks like FSX atm…

2 Likes

Here two more obvious examples. Sorry but the trailers - and the sim that I am used to - look a “little” bit different. These were taken at 10,000 feet. I can’t stress it enough that this is 1440p with everything terrain related set to ultra. Definately not how any game should look in 2022 with settings this high and on 1440p… Especially not if one of your main selling points is high visual fidelity and graphics!

1 Like

Yep totally agree!

1 Like

Same for me. Guessing it’s a server issue. Noticing tons of pop in and hideous textures close by.

It’s always something with this sim.

What you are showing is auto generated scenery which is rendered when no actual satellite data is available (because of clouds or other artefacts in scenery data).

I can confirm that this is still happening. I am getting super blurry textures with little squares of default texturing overlapping the bing maps textures in some places. Does anyone know when this will be fixed?

1 Like

Just posted the same issue under the bugs section. All scenery is gone around LSZR Altenrhein, Eastern Switzerland, between the lake and St Gallen. This used to be an extremely detailed scenery and given its my home base, I know exactly how should be looking.

I’ve been noticing EXTREMELY blurry ground textures everywhere I go over the last few days, without having changed anything. Anyone else seeing the same?

3 Likes

Yes, a lot of blurry ground textures the last few days.

OK thanks, at least it seems to be a server issue then.

It’s more awful now,
@MICROSOFT/ Asobo , any fix ? anybody listening to our queries?

1 Like