Anyone NOT having bad framerates after latest update?

I fixed mine, I disabled Windows Defender and then ran iobits ASC on the machine, no more stutters, frame rates are a little low still, 23-45 with a 30 avg on a i7 1080ti 16 ram graphics set to ultra, but I must say right now it looks better then I have ever seen it look…I managed to get 3 good flights in 1 3hour session with no problems, and I just finished a 35 min flight the same…

*Disclaimer: disable Windows Defender at your own risk.

it is probably an acceptable risk to run no antivirus on something dedicated to MSFS that does nothing else important and stores no personal details (the worst that could happen is you need to reinstall or potentially you might get your Xbox account hacked) but very risky on a multipurpose PC that is used for work/study/banking and other important stuff.

Update:
Overall as I have flown this sim as a tester and now with the full program this last update took a hit on performance has taken a hit… The more detailed the cockpit obviously the larger hit in my experience.

I have reduced my resolution from 4k 3840x2160 @ 60hz to 2560x1600 @ 60hz and things get better with the ultra settings but overall performance has gone down. I even upgraded my RAM to 3200Mhz. from 2400Mhz.

I was looking at replacing my 4k monitor with something that has a higher refresh rate and GSync.

Throwing darts at this point…

You might be better off leaving the monitor and game resolution at 3840x2160 and setting the render scaling to 2560x1600 .

Thats what virtual machines are for lol…Ive been doin this since before Al Gore invented the internet. Also Defender isnt the only protection out there.

After doing those two things today, I have spent a glorious 4 hours in the sim actually flying (alright I was experimenting with certain things) and this is what I found.

I can mantain 25-32 pretty constantly now for hours on end. The only time my puny i7 peaks above 70 now is when Im loading into a scenario. After it loads it stays around 55-63%. When the fps does drop below 15 it still doesnt stutter, it just slows down barely noticeable from high altitude, really noticeable at 1500’.

I flew from Hopkins to Burke Lakefront (in the 320) at 700’ then from Burke to Tom Ridge in Erie. Sat at the gates for about 20 min while I had a couple of smokes, I then proceeded to JFK (I havent done this in months)…Its right around sundown … ewww pretty … I get to about Wilksbury Pa. and all of a sudden fps tanks to 5…bring up my monitors cpu normal mem 12 out of 16 barely any net traffic… So I thinks to me self I do HMMMM…and instead of pitching the machine out the window, I turn off Data altogether, BOOM fps just back to 23 a couple min later Im back a 32…fly for about 10-15 more min,
Switch to data on fps drops to 18 but its a smoot 18 lol 5 min later Im back to 6 turn data off, bam back to 30, So I fly to about 40 mi of kJFK turn on data and then said why not and turned on PG as well.

Dont you know I made it all the way to KJKF in the 320 pulled to the gate and it even save the log for all three stops …

!

20210318201031_1|690x388

Just managed a 1 hour 15 minute flight (1 hour 30 minute sim session) with 0 stutters in the JustFlight PA28R.

Flight was from CYZT to Tofino on Vancouver Island. Screenshots from the flight are uploaded here and the .PLN file is downloadable from worldtour.flights for those who want to give it a try.

My fps (without doing anything) has improved a lot since last weekend. Even in the CRJ. Last week i was hitting as low as 3fps! at times.

LOL maybe they fixed the game and just forgot to tell us ;p

They probably can work on it behind the scenes, and likely why we have had little feed back.

Remember the moon was in Sagittarius last night and it was also a high tide. Normally such things do not augur well for a good flight sim experience but this year is the year of the OX.

NO Stuttering or fps Loss since the update if anything its improved slightly though iam flying off the beaten track

Ryzen 5 2600XT
Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
32GB @3200
Win 10 pro
resolution 1080 @ high end averaging 33 fps

also where is this 76T , never heard of it…edit: well yah that is bad

Someone found a short-term workaround that appears to have a large helpful impact on the FPS performance bug…see this thread and many have tried it with success.

1 Like

Yup - 3080 here and sim pretty much unflyable since sim update 3…in any aircraft…in any location. Far left sliders in game settings or far right…makes no difference to performance at all. GPU barely at 2% usage, as Main Thread capped out (i9 10900KF @ 5GHZ). It does seem like the better your system is the more you were punished by SU3

Do we have any confirmation that Microsoft is actively working on this?

I was getting slow downs, but hard to quantify exactly. But I upgraded an add on airport and it mostly disappeared, so while trying to fix that I deleted and recreated my rolling cache. Not only did the airport appear correctly after that my fps over complex scenery improved dramatically! Never had such great fps over big cities or complex add on airports!!! I can fly over NYC at 700-900ish feet and get 30+ fps. That used to be like 18!!! I can still make it slow down to 15 or so, but only by flying at roof top level. That used to be about 12. My CPU is just ancient and I fly at 4k, most things set to 100/ultra.

If you are getting terrible performance after SU3, try deleting/rebuilding your rolling cache and probably do your manual caches too. I only had one area put in my manual cache and had never completed downloading it. So, removing all areas from the manual cache may have helped too since I was testing in that area.

X79 I7-4820k
RTX 3080
32GB
Win 10 Pro
4K, custom, but 100 and Ultra for most settings, some effects turned off like DOF, Blooming.

1 Like

Yes- the latest developer feedback snapshot says so.

1 Like

Sincerest thanks for the update and reply!
This is a MAJOR issue!

1 Like

Some info here on looking into this issue.

Performance Degradation with 1.14.5.0. Upgrade - Bugs & Issues / Performance, Graphics & CTDs - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

#5 with a bullet!

1 Like

Can confirm the 1.14.6.0 patch has fixed my low fragmented FPS issue that this topic was initially started about. Happy to call this case closed!