Anyone NOT having bad framerates after latest update?

caching once you had flown it once?
anyway, fps is a bad guide. FPS has always been all over the place as thats the way these programs work these days with the graphics card.
I dont monitor FPS at all, not since I noticed that at 40 or 20 I still get a smooth flight.
Depends on the scenery.
Often when approaching landing fps is way down but doesnt affect smoothness, so I dont consider FPS a reliable measure anymore as to performance.

A thought struck me wether the complexity of scenery had something to do with the stuttering
or if it was random, in which case all we can do is wait.
So I took off from Mariscal Sucre Intl. The airport is at 7800ft and in the middle of a mountain range.
Its a complex and challenging environment. Flew a Grand Caravan.
Perfect flight. Did a large circuit over mountains and down valleys, thern back to the airport. About 30 minutes.
Not a stutter or hesitation at all. The elevation changes and scenery details are quite complex so I thought
if there is a general issue, I will hit it there. But nothing. Perfect flight, live weather.
So it seems a complex Server based issue and all the frigging around with settings isnt going to change it.
The only consistent bit (apart from loony 76T) seems to be that us folks with Nvidia cards
are fairing better than others. But that too may be a red herring.

If you have experience programming the DXGI please read this…

1 Like

So far, so good for me. Plus, after reading another thread about which Nvidia versions seemed to work best, I saw that I was running outdated graphic drivers and after updating that, picked an additional 8-10 fps. Now, averaging mid fifties to 60’s while cruising around 2000 ft. VFR enjoying scenery just about anywhere. Usually 40’s while taxiing and takeoff, sometimes a little drop. Main aircraft are Cessna 152 or 172. Favorite area to fly is San Francisco Bay Area.

CPU: i9 10900 locked
GPU: RTX 2070 Super
HDD: 2 tb Sad
RAM: 32 gb 2900
Microsoft Store version

Whow, that’s tough. I was just about to report that I rarely have problems with FPS and then came across your suggestion.
So I went to 76T once. I’ll never do that again, and not just because of the terrible weather :scream:
Now I know what you mean.

Solid 30 fps with my usual setting on high/ultra in 2k (VSync set to 30 fps). I had LOD problems for a few weeks though, not associated with the last update or WU3.

CPU: i7-7700k
GPU: RTX 2060 (newest driver today)
RAM: 32 DDR 4 2133
Operating System: Win 10 (all updates in, all drivers updated)
Areas recently flown: South of Florida
Aircraft types recently flown: A320 stock, 172, DA-NG40, A330-300 PMP Mod (excellent btw)

EDIT: Okay, I tried 76T. That was like 1 frame per every other second. Even ESC button didn’t work. Managed to take off and had to crash the plane to get back to menu. What is going on with that? I just had no Problems flying in NZ and never had problems on small airports like that.

3700x
32GB RAM @3200
Good old 1070 (wanted to upgrade but prices are insane right now)
1920x1080 resolution
Win10 Home all updates
Running on a NVME SSD

I get very short loading times now and then when approaching a complex scenery, which wasn’t the case before the update, but the FPS haven’t changed. It’s still super smooth even with the CRJ.

1080ti and a 1660 ti machines are basicly the same 1 a desktop and the other a gamming notebook. One and install from back in Sept the other Installed on Sunday…no mods both do the exact same thing.

It was super silky smooth before the last update. The person who first found that “Bermuda triangle of stutters”, as we call it now, used to fly from there regularly with 45-60 to 60 fps… now maybe 2-4fps.

So "76T (Bishop) " works fine for you? If so, the new driver is “the fix”.

I upgraded to the 461.92 drivers released 2 days ago and still only get 3FPS at 76T unfortunately.

1 Like

76T is an unrelated issue.

How did you reach that conclusion?

I fixed mine, I disabled Windows Defender and then ran iobits ASC on the machine, no more stutters, frame rates are a little low still, 23-45 with a 30 avg on a i7 1080ti 16 ram graphics set to ultra, but I must say right now it looks better then I have ever seen it look…I managed to get 3 good flights in 1 3hour session with no problems, and I just finished a 35 min flight the same…

*Disclaimer: disable Windows Defender at your own risk.

it is probably an acceptable risk to run no antivirus on something dedicated to MSFS that does nothing else important and stores no personal details (the worst that could happen is you need to reinstall or potentially you might get your Xbox account hacked) but very risky on a multipurpose PC that is used for work/study/banking and other important stuff.

Update:
Overall as I have flown this sim as a tester and now with the full program this last update took a hit on performance has taken a hit… The more detailed the cockpit obviously the larger hit in my experience.

I have reduced my resolution from 4k 3840x2160 @ 60hz to 2560x1600 @ 60hz and things get better with the ultra settings but overall performance has gone down. I even upgraded my RAM to 3200Mhz. from 2400Mhz.

I was looking at replacing my 4k monitor with something that has a higher refresh rate and GSync.

Throwing darts at this point…

You might be better off leaving the monitor and game resolution at 3840x2160 and setting the render scaling to 2560x1600 .

Thats what virtual machines are for lol…Ive been doin this since before Al Gore invented the internet. Also Defender isnt the only protection out there.

After doing those two things today, I have spent a glorious 4 hours in the sim actually flying (alright I was experimenting with certain things) and this is what I found.

I can mantain 25-32 pretty constantly now for hours on end. The only time my puny i7 peaks above 70 now is when Im loading into a scenario. After it loads it stays around 55-63%. When the fps does drop below 15 it still doesnt stutter, it just slows down barely noticeable from high altitude, really noticeable at 1500’.

I flew from Hopkins to Burke Lakefront (in the 320) at 700’ then from Burke to Tom Ridge in Erie. Sat at the gates for about 20 min while I had a couple of smokes, I then proceeded to JFK (I havent done this in months)…Its right around sundown … ewww pretty … I get to about Wilksbury Pa. and all of a sudden fps tanks to 5…bring up my monitors cpu normal mem 12 out of 16 barely any net traffic… So I thinks to me self I do HMMMM…and instead of pitching the machine out the window, I turn off Data altogether, BOOM fps just back to 23 a couple min later Im back a 32…fly for about 10-15 more min,
Switch to data on fps drops to 18 but its a smoot 18 lol 5 min later Im back to 6 turn data off, bam back to 30, So I fly to about 40 mi of kJFK turn on data and then said why not and turned on PG as well.

Dont you know I made it all the way to KJKF in the 320 pulled to the gate and it even save the log for all three stops …

!

20210318201031_1|690x388

Just managed a 1 hour 15 minute flight (1 hour 30 minute sim session) with 0 stutters in the JustFlight PA28R.

Flight was from CYZT to Tofino on Vancouver Island. Screenshots from the flight are uploaded here and the .PLN file is downloadable from worldtour.flights for those who want to give it a try.

My fps (without doing anything) has improved a lot since last weekend. Even in the CRJ. Last week i was hitting as low as 3fps! at times.