Anyone NOT having bad framerates after latest update?

Strange, I’m flying around San Fran/Golden Gate, 10-12 fps and stuttering, and delays with control inputs … but, when I switch minimize>maximize (full screen), after about 2-3 minutes, I get back to normal framerates (40’s) …

I also can confirm that my framerate issues have been fixed by the latest patch. Did PDX to SEA in the new CRJ, never below 25fps with almost all settings on high some ultra. i7 7700k clocked at 4.9ghz, 32GB ram, 1080ti, m.2 ssd’s.

my large decline in fps is definitely coinciding with “stuttering” and slow loading and delayed reaction to control inputs …

Check the thread title : “Anyone NOT having bad framerates after latest update?” and
are you only interested that the update helped you’re performance, even if it greatly worsened others’ ?

The thread title is basically asking those of us with good frame rates to post.

Now obviously the thread title is an attempt to be sarcastic and was actually an open invitation for people with FPS issues to vent about it and express their displeasure BUT that is not what the actual title as written says. If you take the title, by itself, literally and at face value those people with BAD frame rates should not be responding.

Of course the content of the original post goes on to ask for details of system that work, but in terms of the thread TITLE it is basically asking for people with good FPS to post. Naturally, instead, the thread actually attracted a batch of people with generally totally unrelated FPS issues who are less than happy.

I had close to 50 FPS for awhile yesterday, (without changing any settings), the funny thing is, that after about 1 hour or so that 50 crawled down to single digits. So I guess you all only need to regard 1/2 my post.

But honestly it really doesnt make alot of sense that sometimes I can get outstanding performance in the same place and other times I cant even crawl out of the basement…

If I check all my benchmark sites with ping/traceroute it always seems to lend itself to the same conclusion. That the servers arent up to the job at the moment…

The thread title could be interpreted as :

Geez or wow, is there anyone who is NOT having bad framerates, after the last update ?
or
Reply please, anyone who is not having bad framerates, after the last update ?

As there is grammar left out …

i am having an amazing quality experience, running an msi gaming laptop rtx 2060 16gb ram, latest test nvidia drivers 465.89. Just loaded up Fly Tampas Vegas and wow smooth, WHAT am I doing right? even running at 2560 x 1440. cant understand why people with killer rigs have so many problems.

1 Like

Expectations. People want to run with all sliders maxed and get 60 FPS.

Since the last update my framerates are skyhigh!!! With A320Neo more than 150 FPS, with of without clouds. Only at London Heathrow about 80 FPS. The last update was PERFECT.

yes sometimes I max things out a bit, to experiment but don’t see much visual difference. I flew through downtown vegas past the Bellagio fountains, smooth as silk. I have been flight swimming since fs wireframe at Meigs years ago, and I was wowed then and I am wowed now!!! haha

1 Like

council > counsel

I started this thread after experiencing choppy frame rates myself after the previous sim update last month. I was hoping that as a usergroup, we could use a process of elimination when viewing users who were not experiencing FPS decreases to see what hardware might have been linked to the performance issue.

Seems like this thread has since taken on a life of it’s own… the 1.14.6.0 fixed the FPS issues on my system thankfully!

1 Like

Can’t say that I’m having worse frame rates than normal. Pancake mode is absolutely fine for me (50-60), the main issue is with VR where glass cockpits destroy the immersion due to the shudder.

I read the first post and immediately was interested due to the nature of looking where there isn’t a problem. This is a key element of practical problem solving. Examine where there is and isn’t a problem. If the same graphics card ie RTX 2070 is on a system with good and bad frame rates… then graphics card alone is not the cause. I wonder if asobo would be up for hiring some problem solving consultants. They might be able to support in nailing down what is the cause of the issue AND to ensure robustness of the fix. Calling for 300 beta testers is better than nothing, but if the sample does not represent the population then it is a rsisky approach to assess the software.

1 Like

Theirs no reason to be correcting grammer here. Its real distracting from the discussion when some one does that. We can still understand each other, irregardless of occasional mistakes made.

Maybe I should of proofread that.

1 Like

Please keep the topic on topic and not on each other. We ask that our forum members remember to treat each other with courtesy and respect.

2 Likes

RTX 3090 here, bad performance also. Didn’t know the devs said it’s a hardware specific issue. Though the performance was good before the last patch.

I’m just curious here. Is there any correlation between people with problems and overclocking? I seem to remember quite a few posts off the other thread mentioned it.

My i5-6500, 16gb RAM and 6gb GTX 1080, is acceptable most of the time. It does stutter in some areas but I spent Saturday floating around the Alps and it was all smooth as silk.

Nah, if a system is overclocked correclty this will not have any negative effect, quite the opposite.
But if a system is not correctly overclocked, you`ll run into issues. Overheating that causes thermo-throtteling and reduces performance or just an instable system which can CTD or blue screen.

But overclocking can NOT be the general issue, if done right.

1 Like