Anyone still running 457.30 Nvidia?

I didn’t get that much of an FPS increase and had a thought of going back to the fabled 457 drivers, anyone using them and still getting good results?

I did use it when I hat my rtx2080ti but now I’m on latest drivers with my 3080ti oc. Game runs fluid

After someone said he had a big improvement So I went back to that version with my 3070 but no change to latest driver.

Nope I am using the latest with awesome VR! Attached are my settings, you will love it if you have a 3080.

Ok i went back and it’s actually a lot worse so that answered that!

Just wanted to say that I went back to 457.30 studio driver last night (I have a 1080Ti) and it seemed actually very good. Certainly my experience was better than with the latest 471.xx or whatever it is now. I can’t guarantee that that was down to the driver though, as I fiddled with lots of settings after SU5 to get things to a state I was happy with.

For my CPU 10850k & RTX 3080:

Nvidia Latest Driver yuk!!! Ugh!!! Psssss!!! Booooo!!!

457.30 - -Smooth as silk and rock solid stable

Latest are fine with me now.

1 Like

Hmmm. With 3090/i9 at 5.1 Ghz/and 128 GB DRAM clocked to 3200Mhz, using MSFS mid range (medium/high settings) OXR at 70 and Render Scale at 100 (457.30 driver), frames unlocked in Nvidia 3d, max power, I get a pretty smooth experience at low level (200 feetish) in the Hawk at 450KIAS particularly when I disable Reprojection. With Repro always on or automatic, I get fluid performance in the front quadrant (± 120 degrees) but get micro-stutters at left and right 90 degrees. I always test settings departing from RAF Valley with scattered clouds around 11.30am.

I select 90Hz and the monitor is 720P. Are you suggesting that I could set 60Hz and 1080p and have better performance? I can’t imagine the stutter fest I’d get by cranking settings to ultra and render to 200. Am I missing something?

I recently had a suggestion to go to 80 Oxr resolution and 80 vr resolution. Thinking this would definitely reduced visuals but to my amazement I couldn’t tell the difference and it was as smooth as butter. Try it for yourself. Don’t know why it works but it does, just like having PC settings in ultra also works even though it shouldn’t matter what they are set at.

Just updated to 496.98. I’m now in VR Mode and so far so good.

Terrain color looks too blueish but maybe it’s an overcast issue.

Moved to the latest on a 1080 - it’s much better in my opinion.

Oh yea!!! Well!! . . . . ooops:!

nevermind. . . . .

I don’t get it.
I have a 3090 and 5900. I took my time to set up VR last year and then again beginning of this year, I never had any issues and had a smooth experience. Ever since SU7 my Graphics settings (PC&VR) have been reset to default and now I can’t get a smooth experience anymore on (what I think was) my previous settings.

The PC is not running at its max, there is no dust, no high temps, yet around Southhampton (for instance) I only get 19-22 FPS.

I tried the above settings from @Kingofclubs4680 and it was terrible.

I tried updating Windows, updating my video Drivers (came from 457.30), no dice.

Try these settings with the newest driver and open xr set to 100. You might want to set both the LOD’s to 100 for the smoothest action.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.