Anyone using a Thrustmaster Warthog w/ MFS?

Hi and good morning

I think Im too stupid to understand
I have installed Joystick Gremling and vjoy (ok)
So I can load the xml file (ok)
BUT
everything looks the same. I only see 1 vitual Joystrick…nothng looks like a configuration, all windows are the same
???
And 2nd (what I dont nderstand)…how can I switch using the MSFS software between the real hardware (the yellow bindings) and the virtual bindings (green / red)?
Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Best,
Lutz

I recently got the Warthog for my setup. I am using one profile for all my aircraft but must admit, I have not flown much but GA pistons so far. I’ll probably creat separate profiles for the jets and turboprops. For what it’s worth, attached are PDF’s of my “All Aircraft” profile. I recognize many will not use the same so accept as just a suggested setup.

I am interested to know anyone who has configured the throttles for the A320 so that in the full back position the engines are not in reverse mode.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing your setup, very useful.

If you are talking about the FBW A320 you have to calibrate the throttle via the flyPad inside the plane. Read their documentation. I know it but I still have to try it. I tried with another joystick but not with the Warthog

You are correct. That is what I did and now they are working fine. I mapped a button for Hold Reverse and I just activate the button when I want reverse. I have a Honeycomb Bravo arriving today and will replace the Warthog throttle with that.

1 Like

Hello, I Wondered If Anyone Could Help Me With A Fix For My HOTAS Warthog. When I Lift My HOTAS Warthog Down for takeoff It Does not Lift Up And Lifting up Makes my Aircraft go Down If Anyone Knows Anything Please Let Me Know Thanks.

It sounds like you need to reverse the axis of your stick. In the control settings of MSFS, select the joystick. then select axis on the left of the screen. Then click on the reverse axis box.
See if that does it.

Hi fribnibble! Thanks for that system map. Would you be willing to PM the Thrustmaster .fcf and/or .tmc files for that map to me? I’m sure you already know where those files are saved in your computer, but if you don’t, please let me know and I’ll direct you to them.

The file size shouldn’t be too large to send as an attachment. I’m an old and long-time FSX flight simmer, (9 years). When I bought the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS controller (around 2014… I think), I created a number of custom profiles for FSX, DCS A10C, and ROF.

I used the “Up”, “Middle”, & “Down” layers to assign multiple actions to the same buttons, (i.e., fixed wing aircraft to “U” and Helicopters to “D” and a little of both to “M”). The versatility of the TM Warthog controller is easily tripled with that TARGET software.

Anyway, I realize it’s been a while since you’ve posted on this topic, but if you have those .fcf & .tmc files available to share, I would surely appreciate it. It would cut the time it’ll take me to program the TM by 2/3rds, (or, at least in half).
Thanks again for the Map.
Rich
PS I’ve since built several new Desktop computers and along the way, I saved some of my custom .fcf/.tcm files to an external backup drive, (but which one?, lol). I need to find one of them and maybe I can make changes to those that will then work with FS 2020.
2022-09-21T05:00:00Z

I use the Warthog HOTAS. MSFS has usually keeps my settings. Until last week when I did a clean install of both the game and my OS. I had to set up again from scratch again. I do not even install drivers for the HOTAS or my Virpil stick.

hey @wingclip65 !! So sorry i missed this - unfortunately I use Joystcik Gremlin, so don’t have the thrustmaster files for it. Let me know if those are still useful, i’ll PM you the xml for it!

1 Like

Thank you Fribnibble, and no worries! I appreciate the offer, but no need to send the XML. I used the Warthog HOTAS system in MSFS as separate controllers without the TARGET software. It works alright, but not anything like the TARGET abilities can offer.

I don’t have time to setup the TM Warthog using the TARGET software right now, but you mentioned “Joystick Gremlin”. I’ve never heard off that but I’m guessing that it’s a controller mapping system software, (maybe something like FSUIPC?).

I’m going to check into the Joystick Gremlin and see what that’s all about. Meanwhile, I have the Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo system that I use for applicable aircraft. The Alpha/Bravo controls don’t offer enough buttons for my needs.

They should have at least placed Hat switches or a ‘thumb-axis’ on both ends of the Alpha yoke. The TM Warthog has a lot of controllability if I run it with the TARGET software, so I plan to take the time to reset the entire controller system with that software some time in the future.

Then there’s the TCA Thrustmaster Quadrant for the Airbus including the two side-controllers that attach to it. I should be getting those tomorrow. From what I understand, they shouldn’t have too much trouble working in the MSFS arena.
Thanks again,
Rich

Hi Syldon13,
Unfortunately, I just saw this post so what I’ve got to say is too late for you, but may be helpful in the future. That is, you can find all your custom controller settings in an MSFS folder. It’s easy to copy the folder as a backup, (which I periodically do no less than once every month).

If you do that, all you need to do is place the folder back after the reinstallation. If you need to know where it is, just let me know. I have the MSFS Premium build, store edition. I installed it on a separate, dedicated, NVMe, drive.
Rich

hey yeah actually Joystick Gremlin is like a free version of TARGET. I like because it comes with fewer strings attached, you can use on all your joysticks etc., and i find it’s actually simpler to figure out (although not that simple). If you combine with another program, HidHide, i think you can do almost everything if not everything that TARGET does without being locked into their program that does wierd specific things. I actually love it.

For example, i’ve been playing a lot of IL2, and i map all my real warthog buttons and axes to two virtual vJoy joysticks. I recently wanted to build a new flight chair with an old T.Flight Hotas 4 that I had lying around. Becuase IL2 is mapped to the virtual joysticks, I dont’ even have to touch the in game control settings. I just made a new profile in Joystick Gremlin that maps all of it’s controls to the same virtual joysticks that IL2 is seeing. I made sure to hide the TFlight HOTAS from the IL2 as well with HidHide.

Voila! I can switch betwen controllers just by loading profiles in joystick gremlin and no need to touch anything inside the sims (IL2 or MSFS). It’s neat!

Cheers and good luck!

1 Like

http://whitemagic.github.io/JoystickGremlin/

1 Like

WOW!! That’s just what I think I need! I also have ROF IL2. I haven’t installed it in my Windows 10 PC yet. I’ve been too busy with MSFS. But I need to take a break from MSFS and I was going to start working with my ROF software.

I used to fly ROF when I had it installed in Windows 7. I always liked that sim and I think it was about 2 or 3 days ago that I realized I forgot all about it until then.

I’m definitely going to check out that Joystick Gremlin. I’m not sure what you mean about HidHide, (which I never heard of, either), but I think Ill check into that too.

From what you said and what I think I understand, it sounds like I can reduce a lot off the time I spend on setting up controllers by using those two software programs.
Thanks!
Rich

Yes! Well actually theres a fully new updated ww1 sim from IL2 folks called Flying Circus thats an updated ROF that people rave about, espec in VR. Maybe on sale now too…

Hi, i just read over this if you still have them i would love the joystick gremlin profiles for this as im using that with the warthog.

Hi,

Old topic, I know but i just got my Warthog and I’m loving it.

I got one of these extension kits,

https://www.amazon.com/Flight-Extension-Thrustmaster-Warthog-WinWing-Desktop/dp/B08VKXSSDN

I used the longest one and then attached the stick using an upside-down Meza mount.
The difference in feel and level of control with the extension is amazing.

Found an old cloth bag, cut the bottom open and used it as a dust protector.

This mod made my Warthog go from a good flightstick to a great one IMHO.

3 Likes

Question on the EAC switch and how it should operate…

I just bought a hotas off eBay, I flicked all the switches, all good until the EAC switched stays in the on position.
Watched a vid online with someone using it for DCS and because their plane wasn’t setup correctly, if wouldn’t stay engaged. So I’m thinking there must be an interlock?

But then watching some reviews videos, they are just flicking it on and off?

Want to be sure before going back to the seller.

Many thanks.

The EAC switch is either engaged of not. Think of it like a key press. When it is on the key is permanently held down, and off is the same as releasing the key switch.

Ok, so the fact my switch is jammed in the on position, means it’s broken…