Anyone with a Cockpitforyou Throttle?

Hi,

is anyone here in possession of a Cockpitforyou Throttle? Does it already work under the mew PMDG 737 for MSFS?

Thank you very much!

Best regards Andi

Hi,
so I’ve had a throttle from flightsimpm for years now.

But it wasn’t at this price before :smirk:

It still works very well with this new version of MSFS, of course with some adjustment via FSUIPC7.

The only thing that I can’t configure at the moment is the motor starters, because for the moment the PMDG does not yet have functions to assign keys (as in the FSX/P3D version)

So to answer you, given the price, I think the one from Cockpitforyou should work :smirk:
but to be sure do not hesitate to contact them for more precision (already contact they answer)

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:
I just got an Email from the developer.

The driver is in the work.

Keep us updated please. I am also interested in how the motorized throttle works in msfs 2020 with the new PMDG 737

I am also looking forward to hearing of progress on this. I have found a couple of functions on the throttle work with PMDG, but not all of them.

Cant wait to have this working with the new PMDG 737

Which functions do work for you? For me its only thrust levers and parking brake.

Hi there, Happy to keep in touch to assist and learn together.
I have found the throttle works in manual mode only, the motorized function does not work. The Thrust reversers do work as well. The parking brake also works.

The speedbrake and flaps do not work for me right now.

Did Torsten give any indication on when a console update would be made? It seems like it has been over a year since there was an update. Since loosing compatibility with ZIBO 737 also, there hasnt been much i can do with the equipment at all.

thanks again
Ken

Same experience for me with the throttle so far. No, Torsten did not mention any timeline.
I will ask him again in 3 weeks.

I got a reply from Torsten today and he said he is still in negotiation with the programmer regarding the price for the new driver. The old driver was way too expensive and left Torsten with a huge loss of money because he could only get 10% of the costs back with his sale price. I can understand Torsten’s position here.
To be honest I would pay more to get that driver sooner if necessary. In relation to the throttle price its surely not a big deal.

1 Like

Thank you for following up with Torsten.

It makes sense, but i wonder how many throttles he will not sell moving forward because of the lack of compatibility with both Xplane Zibo, and now the MSFS PMDG 737’s

Simply having compatibility with Flight Sim X and other older titles would certainly keep me from pulling the trigger on buying this expensive piece of hardware moving forward.

I’m pretty sure he knows that too. Hopefully they will find an agreement soon.

Right, my only point was that he shouldnt expect to recoup the entire cost of developing drivers for newer products from current owners only. So him saying he lost money before seems to not take into account they additional hardware he sold in introducing compatibility to new products.

But i do agree with you also, i am happy to pay a supplemental price to allow this to be used with PMDG

Hi,

Is there any update? I am using the CFY throttle and cannot reach Thorsten anymore. I have written several femails regarding new drivers for MSFS with PMDG.

No response so far.

Thank you
Stefan

Have not asked him since a while. But I really wish he would make a deal soon with his programmer. His throttle is the only thing that prevents me from making the switch over to MSFS.

But you are still in contact with Thorsten?

Yes, Torsten is still alive :wink:

That’s good to know :slight_smile:
Waiting for any news from him

I have also an CFY motorized throttle. Only the ZIBO 737 and the PMDG 737NGXu are working
and functions as you expect. For that price paid you also expect good service unfortunately this is NOT the case. Comments are not forthcoming. Communication is a disaster. The product and the software support is a MUST. Would you have to pay something for the software is no problem provided you know in advance what it costs. I bought the modification for the PMDG 737NGXu at the time. No problem.
Regards

Former CFY TQ owner here. Used it a lot with the Zibo mod back when I was using X-Plane and also managed to introduce Torsten and Lubos to each other back then. Having them work together and making sure the CFY TQ would work correctly with the Zibo mod. I’m sure all of you who tried the Zibo mod out have seen the CFY option(s) found in the Zibo mod EFB on the hardware page. What you see there is a direct result of the collaboration between Torsten and Lubos.

A bit over a year ago though, I decided to sell my CFY TQ. Since I needed the money elsewhere. Plus I knew I would move to MSFS permanently. I LOVE the Zibo mod and everything Lubos did (and still does) for it! With lots of help from flightdeck2sim which I’m sure most of you heard of. A 737 captain flying for a large, European airline. However, once I started getting taste for the many superior areas found in MSFS vs X-Plane, I just couldn’t stand X-Plane anymore.

I’m still missing the Zibo mod but hopefully, both MSFS and the PMDG 737 will continue to evolve and eventually give us a flight model as close to the real 737 as the Zibo mod. This combined with the already amazing visuals and other aspects in MSFS will be nothing but mind-blowing!!

So…with all this said, it’s quite likely I’ll buy myself a new CFY TQ down the road to use with the PMDG 737 in MSFS. When we (hopefully) will have full compatibility. That is…if I dare to invest that kind of money one more time in a company/individual so notorious for awful customer service and communication…

Until then though, I’ll keep an eye on this topic. Will be super interesting to hear how things progress!!

i just bought the v3 throttle but having problems
i installed the drivers both tq and joystick downloads i used the no sim connect download plugged in ac cord plugged into the switch open the program to calibrate screen it has no connection at all to the throttle i have tried different tq down loads replaced cables but still nothing turned on the power switch on the throttle i followed the instructions to the t. still no internet connection. but i have fiber optic modem i don’t know if that makes a difference. any ideals?