App to manage bush trip style flight plans

I’ve enjoyed bush trips a lot and I enjoyed navigating by landmarks with a list of headings and times.

I was just wondering if there was a utility or app where I can put my flight plan in and use it as a substitute for a paper based flight plan - much like how the bush trips work.

I’ve seen a few, including Little Navimap etc, but they all connect to the Sim and act like a GPS. When I export my flight plan out of Little Navimap, MSFS, for the 172 G1000 at least, inputs the waypoints into the GPS.

A nice feature would be able to have a map that I can annotate when I pass certain landmarks so I can keep track of where I am.

There are two bush trip generators on flightsim.to. I have used both and they work well, it is down to personal choice which you use.

and

I’ve done this with LittleNavMap (LNM) and going through and turning things like sim connection off, and disabling other things as well. Actually works pretty good as you could pan the map as you progress and as you mentally mark landmarks off. Or even just have a detailed flight plan in text format. There is an awful lot of settings in LNM that could maybe get you where you want to be.

I’ve even printed a few maps with tracks on them off at A3 (with very little base map detail) and had a paper map on the desk so I can just write on it as I pass my waypoints. Usually do that for long distance, dead reckoning type trips or when flying NDB to NDB (using ADF system).

Other option is to save out the plan to HTML and use that, or print the plan to paper with times, distances and bearings

You could try GTFP and do not connect it to MSFS. It has a Bing map you can use to find landmarks, mark as waypoints, and use for dead reckoning.

It has a printable report that gives heading and distance to each waypoint.