Approach flyback bug - Not fixed as stated in SU5

This is insanely annoying and covers all the planes in the game. Hope they fix this soon. Now it shows SU4, but there is no date on that update.

I’m learning to play this game and did my first ILS Approach today and this happened. I was confused and frustrated as I didn’t understand what I did wrong.

I’m shocked this bug is as old as the game. It’s near game breaking bug, especially when it sends you 50miles backwards before turning around again.

This happens IRL as well. Inputting a waypoint into the flight plan that is 50 miles behind you and the AP will take you there and then turn around again.

Not what we’re talking about. Obviously yes if you input a separate waypoint it will but should not when entering approach mode and then drops a user waypoint then Flys you backwards to the first STAR waypoint to continue. Makes it worse that it locks out editing waypoints in approach mode as well

This is the issue being referenced here.

The only workaround I found is to do a “Direct to” the VIA required by ATC to avoid the flyback. Hope they will fix this really annoying bug.

Can anyone confirm this is fixed? I haven’t had a chance to fly since the patch dropped.

According to the post today this was fixed in update.

No not fixed yet.

Did a test flight from Heathrow to Gatwick in yesterday’s updated A320nX and when I entered the atc given approach details USR waypoints appeared and it turned around. I entered a direct to and brought it back on course. Then I had atc trying to send me up to 9000 ft!

1 Like

For those who did not watch yesterday’s Q&A, it was said that after Asobo proceeded to fix the issue, Working Title identified a few other cases where the bug continues to occur, and it will require more significant changes. According to today’s Feedback Snapshot, Sim Update 5 will likely solve this.

Unbelievable how this is still a bug.

2 Likes

Guys i still encounter this bug, is there a fix for this

Have you tried @GarishPlot36250 suggestion?

Whats his suggestion bro

Does using manual heading work?

Simply try selected heading to intercept the LOC.

Ill try that

But this needs to be fixed by Asobo ASAP

Difficult to fix if not everyone is experiencing this problem.

no its experienced by many ppl

Everyone doesn’t equal many.
How many million copies of MSFS have been sold and how many are experiencing this problem?

Of course this needs to be fixed, but again, it’s obviously not that easy.

see the thing is i get this bug and so do 489 more people as you have seen the votes