Are Asobo and MS reading our comments here?

During the last Twitch Developer Q&A session, Seb was genuinely surprised with the existence of shoreline glitch (water triangles) introduced with US World Update, which is massively documented on the forums, with the before (great) and after (awful) screens. There is even a mod attempting to remediate the glitch.

So I would say they are to busy with other tasks, to read the forums. I can understand why Seb as CEO can’t spend time in the forums, but hard to understand why they neglect these forums as information source. Possibly a small team or even part time employee could follow the forums and report to the management. Sometimes the experienced users like @CptLucky8 provide very strong hypothesis regarding the root causes of the various bugs (LOD, tree draw), unfortunately Asobo seems ignoring this :frowning:

4 Likes

bur Jorg was aware of it and said they will work on that in the future. So, not EVERYONE in a 100+ heads team has to know about EVERYTHING. If you work in a big company you only have to know the stuff you are working on, its called efficiency.

coughcoughXBOXcoughcough

7 Likes

That’s exactly how it went down for me as well. 5+ months of reading of horrible issues others were experiencing while I was flying around the planet at 40+ fps, only experiencing a few minor bugs here and there. And then WU3 hit and ruined my simming experience.

There’s a guy who probably has more of a clue as to how things work in the underlying engine (at least the FSX-inherited code base) than anyone currently at Asobo, yet they’ve ignored every contact attempt he’s made. It’s a shame, really.

5 Likes

If you’ll forgive me but spoken like a man who has no issues unresolved!

Coastline glitch is here since November, introduced by one of the updates, so probably they still have access to bug-free code and could be able to trace the root cause. This bug is #14 on their own bug list. While Seb as CEO should probably not go beyond bugs #1-5, would be nice if Martial would go a bit deeper on the list of top bug they publish. Just a quick scan of the top bug list before the Q&A session to avoid looking surprised and be able to reassure the users (“we are aware, we will handle it, however it’s not prioritized at this very point, as we focus now on Xbox and optimizations which will benefit PC users as well, without reducing the quality of visuals, our hallmark feature”).

Seb genuinely thought during the Q&A that the glitch is some local phenomenon, not the worldwide immersion breaker whenever steep terrain meets the water bodies.

Have a look at these before and after US World Update screens. How the beautiful scenery was massacred:

So when it comes to OP question - I doubt if they spend significant time checking the feedback on the forum. Don’t know if they should, possibly they know better where to invest their attention, but when it comes to OP’s question (this thread title) I guess the answer is NO.

3 Likes

Watching the Q&A, it looked as if they were all a bit exhausted. It feels like the pulse is people over analyzing and reacting to every little thing.

1 Like

Reading our comments and acknowledging or responding to them are truly two different things.

1 Like

Seb should write down ! and communicate with us !
it’s not like Asobo’s team is a superstar team that doesnt talk to the community !

take Laminar research as an example. they have a devblog and they respond to comments and feedback in REAL TIME ! not in some sort of weekly TV Show style in the form of a Q&A in which they have the freedom to pick any question and answer anything they want !

5 Likes

Trust me when I say this, Laminar is an exception to the rule. Plus Laminar is not only the developer, but also the publisher. They also don’t have the foot of Microsoft on the back of their neck, making sure they don’t miss this summer’s launch window for the Xbox.

At least we do hear something from Jorg and Seb,…even if it is once a month.

4 Likes

Yes, they are a superstar team… they resurrected MSFS. That alone is a major accomplishment. The communication and transparency is definitely above par with the size of this development. Not sure if I would compare Laminar and Asobo/MS to each other.

1 Like

It does not help if the minions on the floor knows about it, but the managers that prioritizes the work are unaware.

3 Likes

My friend !
I am sure many people would rather use FSX rather than mess with this broken sim they call MSFS. cuz yes! FSX is way more realistic, and works way better than MSFS !

They’re on the way to the same destiny that happened to MIcrosoft Fly ! lol

2 Likes

I am sure they wouldn’t. I am sure it isn’t. I am sure it doesn’t. I am sure they are not.

2 Likes

Well like most PC games, some are affected by what you call a “broken sim” and others are completely missed. I would imagine its easy to guess what side you fall on. What’s this nonsense you are spewing about destiny and Microsoft Fly?

1 Like

This is only the 800th thread on the subject.

1 Like

For some reason MS & Asobo seem to be “actively” ignoring @CptLucky8 (RXP Developer) – which is amazing-- as he is probably one of the most experienced and technically aware developer who has been developing for Flight Simulator for DECADES, (almost since the Wright Brothers !!)

10 Likes

Why do you think they added that rule to the SDK Guided Question thread disallowing linking to one’s previous posts? Felt like it was aimed at him.

2 Likes

Microsoft Flight? I don’t think so. They’ve sold over two million copies of MSFS and that’s with Xbox still to come.

I know it’s hard for some people to believe but the sim actually works fine for most of us.

4 Likes

Right?

Here’s a game that had the “the biggest ever launch for a PC title in Xbox Game Pass”, has over 2 million players (at $60 for the base version, that’s at least $120 million in sales already), is projected to drive over $2Billion of sales in PC Hardware and peripherals (Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 will stimulate billions in PC hardware sales | Jon Peddie Research), and this is all BEFORE it launches on Xbox.

But no, the sim is going to die like MS Flight, which launched in Feb 2012 - and was cancelled in July 2012, FOUR months after launch.

The mind boggles.

2 Likes