Are Asobo even here?

Important note: Forum Moderators are members of the community not part of the development team or MS employees.

4 Likes

Oh. interesting :slight_smile: Anyways I’ve said my thoughts and will go back to lurking. enjoy your weekends everyone :slight_smile:

Airplanes don’t falling down by itself like in this simulator.
To crash an airplane needs 99% of human factor.
All stucks, sometimes altitude, or rate of climb, auto ias doesnot work, flight navigation dont work…
Sometimes make turns impossible to recover.
The new patch was a terrible patch.
ASOBO needs to think first in a playable game before upgrading airports and cities.
I have to throw away my 26000 hours of flight, in 35 years with none accidente or inccidents.
My last flight was from Narita to Rio de Janeiro, in may 31 of 2000 in B-747-300.
I bought all the MSFS launched this is the worst ever.

1 Like

No it isn’t. RDR2 was the worst launch ever. This doesn’t even come close.

1 Like

Worst launch ever = RTX 3080 :joy:

2 Likes

If you ask about flying sim activity,

XP11 get BIG Victory and 3-rd party deveopers gold times! I bought it also at end of 2018 as frustration of MS version not continuity. Now Xp11 is uninstalled and also due this problems don’t have taste to return, especially due bugs that new versions after 11.36r2 Laminar prepared…

1 Like

This I see as very big (somewhere sitting unvissible) BUG. Activation of this is somehow very strange, also me never happened.

Devs should not be on this forum. It’s too dangerous.

This place is a combination of a peaceful demonstrators and armed terrorists.

It can get brutal in here and a dev could read some wisecrack and it ruins their whole day.

The folks who are responsible for this forum (and the volunteers) provide summary feedback. It is fairly obvious what the major issues are. Dev decides how to prioritize. They don’t need to read a bunch of redundant hyperbole-filled posts to figure out how to do that.

5 Likes

I would imagine that as a company policy ordinary Asobo/Blackshark employees are not permitted to participate in forums such as these. Things can go south very quickly if employees start pitching-in to topics on a public forum such as this. You know how easily things can turn very unpleasant here (as in any public forum). Management might have permission to post here, but the fact they haven’t probably suggests common sense is in good supply on the developers part. I would do exactly the same.

This is the heart of the problem.

4 Likes

I disagree. Knowledgeable insiders posting to some of these topics (specifically the issue-based topics) would go a long way to defusing some of the unhappiness that has built up.

Imagine the effect of the person who is in charge of the “live weather” replying to one of the “live weather” threads and explaining how the system is supposed to work, where it is now from their standpoint, and what they are working on.

Whether it comes from individual employees posting about specific topics, or is funneled down through a centralized account such as on the news and announcements sub-forum, that is exactly the kind of engagement that Asobo needs to do.

I don’t think that they would be attacked, and I think that it would be highly appreciated.

5 Likes

I agree that the devs shouldn’t be commenting on the individual forum posts. But they released a patch several days ago that broke a lot of things. I love this sim, but switches keep turning themselves on and off, in the new M20R, when the avionics go, you can’t turn them back on without uninstalling and reinstalling the plane, etc.

Would a simple message on the home page be too much to ask for: "We’re aware of the new bugs we created and released, and we’ve got a team working on them as a top priority. We hope to have a patch within the next couple of days (or weeks, or months, or however long.) "

The known issues page is a joke, tell me where the avionics turning off is on there and how long we can expect for a fix to be applied.

None of this is the devs fault, it’s a brilliant piece of software, but whoever is in charge of public relations / communications strategy is dropping the ball, in my opinion.

1 Like

Which is exactly the problem.
It seems to at least some of us thatr the employees are ignoring us. Yes, I do know developers are working on the sim and may or may not have the communication skills needed to act as a go between between us and the developers and the developers, the company and us.
This was something Microsoft used to handle very well. All its projects had managers whose sole responsibility was to be this liason. In the days Bill Gates still had a hand in the company these managers held regular events where Users, Third Party developers and were able to exchange information on the current state of progress and recieve and observe the feelings of those how were to consume the productl Yes of course they always did show the better side, but that is not all they took back.
In those days also they knew the importance of documentation, which should not be an afterthought or a PR stunt and the need for good solid testing structures.
Yes Raoid development techniques starting with Agile are often used as an excuse for leaving out these needed components. They were never intended as such and in fact increase the need for good two way feedback as the internal testing and research phases tend to be more limited.
I and I am sure many others feel that this way of throwing us a forum and then not participating in it in a meaningful form is rather insulting to the customers of the organization,
This software is not that unusual. It is using components that are in widespread use. It does in fact have the previous generations of flight simulators to draw from for basic things like taxiway numbering and signs, airport navigation runway landing light systems and basic flight physics… A good look at these may hepl the current set of developersa. It is basic gis system using mapping and sattelite techniques which are used in dozens of other software, The difference is just the user base is different, It is a major work, but it is not ground breaking work. Yes it is visibly more atractive than fsx but that is not surprising seeing the effect of Mores Law on computing technology over the 30 years or so since the base of fsx was laid down.
I want this to be a good product. It has potential but in the end it matters more to MIcrosoft and Asoba that this succeeds than to me. There are other sims, Some much ore accurate in flight response and in navigation than this one though it has the potential of being more attractive.
Ignoring customers may work with simple phone apps but this is a bigger task and needs more response.

1 Like

That’s absolutely the wrong thing to ask for. Simple acknowledgement of issues is not enough. The lack of information is the major problem, with discontent being the side-effect of having no idea what things are even supposed to look like.

Disagree. It works well in another large video games. In my experience elsewhere, developer comments are not frequent, but they are generally appreciated when they are made.

1 Like

I dont know what is RDR2, I dont play games with no means…

I think its Red Dead Redemption 2 and it’s awful! Far worse an experience than FS!

Shudder…

Dutch van der Linde has a flight plan.

LOL…I was wondering if he’d ever get off the ground.

The forum is full of bored people. :upside_down_face:
Flight simulator is a rather boring genre compared to many games. Another flightsim drama (as well as the endless tweaking of something) is just a way to compensate this feature of the genre.

2 Likes