Are glass reflections gone in VR?

Been away from MSFS for some time and just got back after I got a new VR headset (Varjo Aero). But one thing I noticed is I no longer see the cockpit interior, like avionics and instruments, reflecting in the cockpit windows. Is this broken since SU9?

No reflections should still be there. Check settings

Regardless of settings you should always have the low res cube map reflections of the sky and terrain on the windshield.

To get reflections of the cockpit on the windshield you need to have RAYMARCHED REFLECTIONS turned on, and WINDSHIELD EFFECTS set to ULTRA.

edit: and because raymarched reflections are a type of screen space reflections only things that are currently in view/on screen can be reflected.

What’s the performance hit for these? I have cube map at 96, windshield effects low and raymarched reflections off because they used to kinda broken in VR. Do you guys recommend turning them back on ?

I’ll double check when able but I’m pretty sure I have raymarched reflections set pretty hign and windshield effect set to ULTRA. Could it be related to the individual models (I mostly fly the TBM 930 with the enhancement mod).

What are those circle on the glare shields? Glass cockpit reflections?

I’ve noticed them too and wondered what they are.

I just double checked in game since I normally don’t have raymarched reflections on in VR and reflection of the cockpit in the windshield do work with the right settings.

Please note I edited my previous post since I had said that windshield effects needed to be on high when in fact it’s ultra. I had referenced an old settings guide that said high was the highest setting oops.

One more thing is that there is a bug in SU9 causing reflections to flicker unless the renderscale is set to 100%.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.