Are players asking too much?

ButtowipoLIVE,

Money isnt an issue for me when deciding on whether or not to purchase a new pc.
I have 2 other desktops, both of which are only a year old and are high end. They are used for more important matters.
I like this sim, but it isn’t my life and certainly not worth purchasing a $2000 pc for.

John

2 Likes

Several posts were deleted from this topic. Do not attack others. Keep sarcasm off the forum as it leads to off-topic posts and attacks. Keep conversations on MSFS in a constructive manner.

2 Likes

Are they really asking too much though? Is it really too much to ask for when you want all of your 8 cpu cores fully utilized. I don’t think so.

3 Likes

As understand it’s a limitation of DX-11?

That’s actually very difficult to do in a flight sim. I believe all flight sims are primarily on one core with little usage of other cores. It’s just a limitation of the kinds of calculations done. So, yes it’s too much to ask.

1 Like

That is limitation of DX11 and when the sim was started being worked on, DX12 was not even there. So yes, it is a lot to ask to change from DX11 to DX12 on a whim. It is going tp happen in a few month. So many people have their expectations without understanding the underlining limitations, that is biggest problem in my opinion.

The funniest request I find is when people ask to increase fidelity and then the same people complain that fps dropped. It is going to be a huge mess when Asobo implement one level to their slider above ULTRA (it was already confirmed) and then people will come to complain they cannot get 30fps on mid tier machines (e.g., rtx2080).

3 Likes

I don’t know… some of the things being asked for may indeed be unreasonable… but this is the only way we can make progress, i suppose, by never being content with what we have and always asking for more.
And, on the flipside, if all the things people are asking for are outrageous, then that means they ran out of normal things to ask for cause they have already been provided. So the more outrageous the demands, the better the overall situation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well there was a thread about “Harvard Boston University”, I think…about the plants around it was wrong" my reply was yes it was a game changer…I flew past my house didnt see my tree and my cat was not on the fence…the negativity I got, backlash…So now I enjoy the Sim. Dont get me wrong, great tips and advice…now just sieve what is valid or not

1 Like

I’m a bit torn on this. I’m one of those people who sits quietly and watches as the sim advances. I have my own wishes, but I don’t usually bother talking about them. Personally, I don’t care about World Updates. I was satisfied with the state of that upon release. The thing’s I want are fairly simple:

I want the logbook to not pop up at the end of a flight.

I want the world map to be a satellite image when you zoom in, so I can know what parking spot I’m choosing.

I want an autosave feature. I’ve been suffering with CTDs since the last update, and an autosave would relieve most of that frustration. I’ve not had trouble with performance at any point since release, but stability has been an issue for me since WU4.

I want animated doors on the default aircraft. (This was achieved with a mod for the TBM. Not sure why it hasn’t
(or can’t) be done on others.)

That’s pretty much all I want. Working Title resolved most of my desires with the Garmins. I’m completely satisfied otherwise.

Additional thought: Asobo is a pretty small game studio. I do sometimes wonder how things would’ve been if Microsoft had gone with a larger, more robust one.

2 Likes

I would like to file an IFR flight plan from KBUR to KPMD and have something that would be a bit closer to making that same flight in real life.

Even more entertaining would be from KTOA to KBUR.

How about using the built in SDK (Software Development Kit) along with 3D Studio Max, some photogrammetry and rather than complain about things that could be improved “just do it” and improve them

If your work is up to standards then your work may end up in an update

I wouldn’t even mind you taking credit for your work as long as it’s worthy of credit

2 Likes

So why not just go with Google then, it’s free and spares all the aggravation of actually flying!

3 Likes

Are you sure ? In Dutch we have a way of speak that translates to “can no longer see the wood for the trees”, this is a big forum. There are a lot of wishes and a lot of complaints. Project planners of MS and Asobo should be able to open this forum, page through it an pick up wishes. Currently, it is quite difficult to find useful suggestions, they have to rely on the top-10 votes.

2 Likes

How do you know that ? Except if you are working in this field and have close contact with Asobo and the developers of your RTX games, you just don’t know I guess.

2 Likes

Are players asking too much?
Wait to xbox release…

3 Likes

Yes but does your other games load in photogrammetry plus on top of that you have miles upon miles of polygons being loaded.
It’s more rendering.Obviously it will perform worst.

RTX is ray tracing. Look at a few scenes in MSFS like hangar and (sometimes, when the aircraft textures allow) before you start a flight. If you want that during flight, we’re talking ray tracing ability (RTX)

Personally I don’t expect it before 2023 or so. They’ll have to do DX-12 first, else framerate would go down, there is much more complex scenery in MSFS than in the average RTX game. Another difference is the current RTX games can operate with fixed sceneries in a flat world, with preset weather. MSFS likes to leave that to the customer. Choose at will, this is a simulation, user should be able to set parameters for lighting. Introducing full RTX for the MSFS simulator would be a 4 year project… maybe more… the planet is big !

haha yes good one…but in a way those ppl are way less critical about how stuff works, as long as it goes smooth.

The only thing I personally ask for is for the performance to be fixed, everything else is secondary.

1 Like

I agree. They really dropped the ball on this sim. There should be basic optimization and at least make the default aircraft work correctly. This still isn’t the case months after release. It feels like a bunch off ADD kids are developing this software! They need some Adderall and a good plan.