Are players asking too much?

I think that’s the thing that bothers me the most. They know the community will step in and fix things so it seems like they wait and see. Example: they said helicopters are to hard. Now we have a community free addon helicopter and a 3rd party $$ add on.

They keep adding scenery and marketplace items you can spend real $$$ on.

They should be the ones fixing the issues and also NOT creating new ones.

1 Like

I saw one post in here where people were screaming that there weren’t trains and used as an example the Train Simulator software, basically said if they can do it why can’t MSFS. I responded with “Are you going out to the Train Simulator forum and asking them why you can’t fly planes in their sim?”

1 Like

Was about to post anyway so a quick lol to my responder.

However, back for asking too much, I’m almost fine with this.

I’m even fine with the flat stretch, the distorted edges and even the huge pillars as I use Track-Ir and when I try to look at them they magically get “fixed” or out of the way.

However the giant beach ball light bulbs even in daylight just makes me want to land,

I just want a slider or something for the size of the light sources as a temporary fix for widescreen.

Yes, I fly at 20fps, rarely drop below 16, nary a stutter and looks pretty bomb.

1 Like

Yeah. That’s not the multi-monitor support we’re looking for. You nailed it with sharing Russ’ video. I really don’t think the majority of people (Asobo included) really know what it is that’s being requested. And when multi-monitor support does happen, I doubt it will work anything as well as X-Plane’s does.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s so long and so narrow. If I had that 5760 horizontal pixel, I need another 1080 pixels to the top, and 1080 pixels at the bottom. Making it 5760x3240 resolution…

Yea, this may look like multi monitor support for photo viewer but it isnt :wink:

I run at 5760x1080?

Lol. How do you think the simulator would run in it’s current state with that many pixels?

Thats probably why there isn’t multi monitor support, the sim would crawl to a halt at that resolution with everything on ultra! Once you go VR you will never go back and it’s really impressive. I can no longer fly on a flat panel. I hope HP improves the field of view in there next version of the G2.

Actually, the way it works (because what you ask for is being read by human beings with their own emotions, ego, and attention span) is that people skim what they read and if they see something that someone’s asking for that’s unreasonable (especially if they are demanding it) they skip past and ignore your input. The best technique is to capture their attention first by POINTING OUT SOMETHING THEY DO WELL and then making a suggestion on how it might be improved, staying respectful and courteous.

The way the world works by the way is that historically it’s worked rather poorly. Far more mistakes and wrong turns than right ones. Human nature is a depressing subject to study.

2 Likes

[quote=“Azphilosopher, post:86, topic:397479”]
The best technique is to capture their attention first by POINTING OUT SOMETHING THEY DO WELL and then making a suggestion on how it might be improved, staying respectful and courteous.

They can make a pretty globe to fly around. Almost as pretty as googles! What else? They host those fun Q&As! They seem like nice guys really.

Oh and the neat roadmaps that change all the time and make people more mad. They are great at that too.

Can’t think of anything else.

Yeah people that don’t program have no clue about how programming to multiple cores works. The only way you can utilize multiple cores essentially is to get a task that is not reliant on timing synch to the primary tasks, throw that task off to another core and then act upon the results of that computation at your leisure. Almost all flight sim tasks are sequential and one cannot commence until a prior one finishes. If you toss a task to another core and you need the results of that task to move to your next task, it is actually inefficient to use the other core because your main task will sit there waiting.

2 Likes

What? We (and Asobo) all fully understand what multi-monitor support is and there a number of us that actually understand the resources required to pull it off without frame rates dropping to a slide show when you’re already running a single monitor view nearly to its limitations. No other sim created before this has asked this much of processors, memory, and graphics processing. FSX doesn’t come close. Absolutely quality program but I wonder if you are going on FSX forums and demanding they add complete world detailed photogrammetry to catch up with MS.

Isnt that something resizable BAR should address … (I think there’s an AMD version too)?

I suggest u read up on what RTX does, it’s not just a reflection.

I will take multi monitor support over the quality of photogrammetry of UK and France. Any day.

3 Likes

We don’t pull it off, we work out a reasonable facsimile using nV Surround

That and Track Ir Pro do work fairly well together to smooth off some of the blurry edges but issues are there and support is lacking.

I should be able to tilt my screens in on the edges and not seen gigantic pillars and a pitot tube that sometimes looks like a tyrannosaurus in the corner of my eye.

The lights however, for the sake of all that is precious and good, the lights.

Sunken bridges, blobby trees, mismatched exposure on mapping, this is all fine … but the LIGHTS!

:smiley: :wink:

1 Like

You know what I loved about FSX? It ran great on day one. And that they released a couple of large well debuged service pack updates over years.
None if this fix one thing and break 4. Then release a hot fix to fix the broken update. Then 3 weeks later do it all over again. Insanity!

There do seem to be sections of the user base who have thrown a good amount of money at their computers and thus expect to just be able to set everything to its highest level and get perfect results. In reality, the top of the range computer Asobo just gave away as a tie-in still wouldn’t be able to achieve absolutely perfect running on top settings. Definitely an attitude anyone who’s worked in retail will recognise, the “I’ve spent a lot of money on this, so you’d better fix it!”

1 Like

Amen brother! This is the case for a lot of us. It’s really infuriating!

The sim runs fine in VR with everything on ultra. Smooth and fluid at around 45 fps. Thats not the issue for me. It’s all the bugs and glaring issues from day one that are still present.

Error 1722, how soon you are forgotten…