Are players asking too much?

I have flown then since the 80s. I know where we are at. Slack…I think they have and far to much slack. Lol. Thats the issue.

There’s a reason Microsoft contracted the Working Title team to take this on. Clearly, this was over Asobo’s heads. We likely won’t see much, if any, of the WT work in the next sim update, but my guess is that the next couple of sim updates through the summer will see the avionics improving significantly.

1 Like

If you want a sim to BE exactly reality… you’re asking too much. A sim approaches reality.

That’s the key word right there. You want to simulate reality. If you don’t want to simulate reality, then you have an airplane game.

3 Likes

Lol. There is no spoon!

Having the autopilot work as advertised and other basic things are not exact reality. And belive me this sim in its current state is far from the real thing.

1 Like

An airplane game also has to sim to a certain extent.

A game OR sim wll never reach actual reality.

Are these deviations missio-critical for a simulated flight, that’s the question…
Would they pose unacceptable risks… in reality…

Yes. I think that is another issue. Lots of people think of it as a video game. It’s not and shouldn’t be. Right now it feels like Need for Speed in the air!

You don’t need multiple computers to do that, but you certainly could if you like. I run XP11 with 4 monitors on a single computer. Smooth as glass and no distortion like we see in FS 2020.

1 Like

When correctly engaging a function on the AP causes the plane wildly pitch down into a death dive, then yes, I would say it’s critical. If the AP can’t follow a simple flight plan, yup, that’s critical.

Perhaps you like to use MSFS as a game. Nothing wrong with that if that’s what tickles your fancy. But arguing that’s good enough out of a something that was for months before launch staunchly advertised as a “sim for simmers”, not so much.

4 Likes

Yes it will never be true to life. It’s missing gravity, and the possibility of death. Other than that it’s should be real close.

Microsoft and Asobo were on their soap box for months before launch saying this was a “sim for simmers”. That’s what simmers expect. Perhaps what they have now appeases the ones using it as a game. And that’s fine.

But the fact said people are saying it’s good enough as is because it meets their basic expectations and that people requesting that Microsobo follow through on their pre-launch marketing claims is unreasonable, well that’s kind of laughable, to be honest.

5 Likes

Yes thank you! All they had to do is say here is a early paid beta. It’s $39 and will be buggy as all hell. Now buy at your own risk as we guarantee zero functionality. But they didnt.

Ok… so you know that it occurs. Suppose that same thing happens in flight in RL, what would you do as a pilot ? Go main menu and give up ? if you apparently ought to avoid THAT function… would you be unable to fly anywhere on Autopilot ? That is my question. Does this flaw inhibit flying from A to B on autopilot, always ?

Depends on time and place. I can spend a night freaking around to minimize a rudder flaw on Kitfox… restarting with different authority settings… other times I love to land a Boeing 979 inappropriately, crush some farms and put that on video… or I play around flying near windmills… whatever… :cat: I do what I like.

I would land and fix or replace the autopilot and the resume flying. Unfortunately my mechanic Asobo doesn’t find it a priority.

2 Likes

What issue are we talking about… I don’t know anything of autopilots. In RL it would depend on the issue ? When there are no risks involved and there is a known workaround for it, flight proceeds ? or ?

I like to play around too. I love to fly under bridges at high speed. Oh wait…you can’t do that still. Or maybe the new eiffel tower in France. You know the new scenery they just added. Oh you can’t do that either…lol. That one threw me. In most releases I would go right to the Golden gate and do loops around it in a extra 300 or something with power. These are ridiculous issues to me. They shouldn’t exist in the first place, let alone be allowed to continue to exist. Yet they add apocalyptic scenery to the FLYING GAME.

Some aircraft in the sim have autopilot issues. They are sometimes random. You can be flying smooth on a long haul 8 hours into a 16 hour flight and the plane will just dive into the ocean or bank sharply. Or not hold the approach or the ILS. Longitude rocks back and forth at cruise altitude. It used to be unflyable but now it just oscillates annoyingly so I don’t fly it.

I use Google Earth VR all the time. It’s how I “gawk” at the world in VR without a flight sim program bogging things down. And it’s FAST and SMOOTH! :slight_smile:

Google Earth VR (for scenery gawking) blows ALL flight simulators away. It’s pretty cool if you haven’t given it a try.

1 Like

I"m not even going to reply , this is such a bait trolling thread. You should get what you pay for and for what has been represented.

We must all remember…
“Simulation is ALWAYS more beautiful-good than real life.Not the same…better”
Thats why even in the most advanced sims for pilots,the sim is better than real life.
Why you ask? Cause whatever you may do,you never DIE"

Keep that in mind

1 Like