Are there planned improvements to make runway, taxiway and approach lighting viewing distances/angles more realistic?

My question is for… checkmark the correct section

[ ] Dev Q&A Part 1 - World Update
[X] Dev Q&A Part 2 - Sim Update 5

My question:
Are there any planned improvements to make runway, taxiway and approach lighting viewing distances/angles more realistic?

Runway, taxiway, and approach lighting can be seen from too far away at unrealistic angles and are always on during the day even in good weather.

Link to any additional information related to question:

According to the last feedback snapshot, they’re saying that it’s due in 2021 (see the fourth entry from the bottom).

I’m really looking forward to this change. It’s too easy to find an airport right now in the sim if that airport has approach lighting.

3 Likes

And the annoying aerodrome beacon all over the place :joy: lots of them shouldn’t even be there in smaller airports, and some are just blocking the taxiway. They really should use AIP information to autogen airports, and maybe that could also fix the taxiway sign problem…?

1 Like

Thank You N316TS. Where do we find the current Feedback snap shots? A lot of the time when I watch the Q and As I can not focus on what is being said while trying to look at the list. Then the list changes, before I can finish reading it.

Disregard COMMUNITY>News and Announcements> most recent BLOGS

1 Like

Glad you found them! You can also find them on the development updates on www.flightsimulator.com.