Are we going backwards?

A function to return to the previous version is required

1 Like

You’re just going to have to continue disbelieving me. But this is the reality.

Exceedingly disappointed. I have to believe Asobo will develop two pathways for graphics rendering and so restore what we had all become accustomed to. I’m very tempted now to go back to P3D because this is a serious downturn in image quality, my expensive PC hardware isn’t being used now, and I don’t have an HDR capable PC monitor. Colors are washed out, clouds have because wretched in large part.

ASOBO: please publish the plan to restore what PC users have become accustomed to, who have spent lots of $$ to prepare for, and don’t leave everyone hanging like this. I have to believe as I say you will, but really it’s a sad day for what was a really promising new flight sim.

1 Like

Just read the forums. Looks like there’s thousands of people saying the same thing… image quality has gone.

4 Likes

Not sure about that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Working on my airline uniform pack I also noticed that SU5 broke the pilot models.

2 Likes

Oh there are. Many YouTube videos with examples have thousands of watches and plenty of comments. It’s only getting worse for Asobo the longer they keep quiet

I have and I believe that people are experiencing reduced quality. It’s just, and you’re going to have to accept this, that I and a number of others have not had a reduction.

I think it’s “horrendous” quality and not “less.” I don’t think anyone would see a new tv drop and lock to a 720p resolution and not find it very annoying. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

One thing is sure:
If the dumbing down of the graphics/clouds people are reporting was merely a network/server side issue, they would have issued a statement by now.

Like a short video, or a tweet from Jorg saying ‘don’t worry guys it’s just the servers being overloaded, were working on it’.

No statement seems to indicates that what people are experiencing and reporting with regards to graphics is not as simple as resolving a server overload.

Also, I don’t understand why the UsrCfg LOD tweaks were not included as a slider on SU5 release date.

Unless of course, they did not want anything in there hinting to Xbox being inferior to a high end PC for marketing purposes.

They obviously elected to announce a ‘higher than ultra’ setting later, why not now?

And please don’t tell me it’s to avoid CTDs.
I might have a cardiac arrest :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s all folks want: just SOMETHING from them instead of vanishing into the ether.

I am going to stop going on about being happy with the update, but want to add that the devs where clearly happy with what they had achieved, otherwise they wouldn’t have released this. The reaction is strong on the forums, but it only makes up a fraction of the total users out there.

:man_shrugging:

Right, the majority of users leave it behind and have been waiting for various bugs to be fixed for months.

Tell me again what the graphics problems are? These are post SU5:

1 Like

Wrong. The majority of users are happily simming along with their post SU5 new found performance, like me. It’s just that I’m masochistic enough to put myself through trying to do that and hang out here for inexplicable reasons.

If you gotta zoom in that far to find the problems you obviously want to find, well…

I guess it’s like a cubic zirconia vs. a real diamond. If it takes a bona fide expert using high powered magnification tools to tell the difference, why would I ever pay for the “real thing” when nobody save that expert will ever know?

Thank you for the images. They look nice.
Please refer to thread above to read more details about the reports I am referring to.
In case you are curious to read more reports, you can find them in the following thread:

Thank you.

The first screenshot explains everything what is wrong. Washed out oversaturated white. The planes now look like they are made out of plastic.
Maybe it is just a simple lighting issue which can be fixed rather quickly.

1 Like

ok, you have seen this ?!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/uploads/default/original/4X/5/2/0/5202185c617bad8477168e987d69087a571e61bf.jpeg

1 Like