Are we going backwards?

This! A thousand times this!

11 Likes

You already have it. It’s called Game pass, and saved me 100€ from the deluxe platinum edition. I played this and other games for 15€ since August, and stopped it in April. Enough time for seeing this updating mess.

3 Likes

See you in September maybe. I’m so over this. What happened to don’t fix what isn’t broken and just improve.

4 Likes

There were a lot of niggles after SU5 for me:

Fixable by player- the lock toggle for instruments. That said, I now have this issue where the pop up labels are so large that they frequently obscure the control.

Fixable by 3rd parties - auto pilot’s now broken again and won’t maintain approach tracks or altitude very well.

Fixable by asobo - the persistent temperature issue - high sat and tat which then impacts airliner performance.

Fixable by asobo - clouds now just seem to pop in as you approach a runway. Was this intentional so that so that Xbox could have performance at airports? Come on, Surely these are next gen machines?

Fixable by asobo - can you officially declare whether or not the base 747 and 787 (which we paid a premium for) will be brought up to scratch so that the buttons work and vnav works or whether players will need to go procure a 3rd party product instead. (So again, we’ll be paying twice now). They’re just so disappointing when compared to flybywire’s efforts.

1 Like

Well I guess the fact that I haven’t noticed much of what has been done is a bonus. I haven’t noticed any improvements to date, and i spent a fair bit of time dealing with stupid stuff like helpful instructions on your controls obscuring the very information that you need to adjust the control.

Yes, is the simple answer.

How is it dumbed down? The sim has more capabilities under the hood than it had one year ago? Water masks are greatly improved, the overall visuals are more crisp, I don’t see the downgrade? Can you provide some clear pictures, so we can see?

2 Likes

Do you like the clouds?

1 Like

The LOD pop-in has really hampered my experience with the sim. It was the first thing I noticed. I checked the forums to make sure I wasn’t imagining things and that it wasn’t just me. It appears to be the most prevaling topic right now.

I appreciate the performance increase, but I also feel as though people with powerful setups have now been made to play a visually inferior version of the sim.

Before the update, I had no problem playing the sim on ultra at a more or less locked 30 frames a second. It was the occasional stutter that was the most annoying aspect.

This update has increased the frame rate substantially, but I have found the stutters have actually gotten worse and are more prominent when panning the camera around. The developers have introduced a culling technique that constantly redraws background scenery. Buildings, trees, mountains, taxi ways signs, ground traffic, basically every form of scenery either pops or morphs into view each time.

I appreciate there will be many that are not perceptible this, but for me personally if was very jarring, and the immersion factor has been almost entirely lost.

15 Likes

Didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary? But that wasnt the question. I wanna see clear before and after screenshots that clearly show the downgrade, so we can push for that to change! I wouldn’t want a downgrade.

What’s your PCs specs, graphics settings, resolution?

Set AI traffic to “Off”

I don’t appreciate the pop-ins! It’s unnecessary. That has to change ASAP.

4 Likes

9900K, 3090 Rtx, Dual Nvme 1tb each.

I ask you again : do you like the clouds?
Yes or no ?
Thank you

1 Like

Yeah, theyre fine for me, why? Haven’t had issues so far. Just gotta have them on ultra and its ok. But I hate the pop-ins…that sucks and I want to see it gone.

And what is it for?

Performance is great for me, but at a clear cost to visual fidelity, it seems. Loading times are improved a lot too.

I’ve lost rain effects. Flew into a squall, had rainbow and such, but not a drop on the windshield.

But worse is that the game now looks over saturated and overexposed. I’ve posted videos from the game on my Facebook profile, and several non-computer people believed it was real. No-one will think this is real. It’s lost the luster. Clouds are nearly pure white in places, the grass is iridescent green. It looks like a pretty game now, the lighting is way worse.

6 Likes

Could you please upload some screenshots?
Just select the preset Broken Clouds
Thank you

Yeah, I can do this, this evening, when back from work. I also have other screenshots in another thread (main update v thread) check those out as well. Cheers ps: If you want you can tell me any place you want, so I test it for you. Just tell me what and where, glad to do that.

1 Like