Areas Where 2020 Regressed from FSX

Hi - Although MSFS2020 is head and shoulder above anything out there, it is a pity it has regressed in some areas which are a given in almost all other flightsims. I am listing some here and hopefully will be given due attention by Asobo in coming months. Please add yours to it.

1. Free looking views along all axis - I can look practically anywhere with the hat switch but these have been restricted to right, center right (45 deg or 120 deg) etc and have been limited. In FSX, one can freely pan along any axis pretty seamlessly
  2. Replay - vital for me to analyze landings and I watch at least couple of them in FSX each time I land. Vital for me to see where did I do well or not do well
  3. Tower view or any fixed view from the ground to aircraft

^___ What he said +1.

1 Like

Regarding No. 1. Have you tried to reassign? Your hat switch from the quickview function to normal panning?

1 Like

I did that but the challenge is views are fixed like forward, left 45deg left, 120 deg left etc and am using them. In FSX I can pan to any direction, 40deg, 60 deg 100 deg and so on, and am not restricted by fixed number of views.

I am not aware of way to assign it for normal panning beyond the views that are available. It will be great of any pointers can be provided towards that. :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you serious? Just remap the hat switch with the following bindings:

1 Like

Thanks pal I been waiting for someone to open this door, here we go:

Lack of missions
Lack of tutorials
Lack of a manual!

Controls dont work properly - rudders especially
Auto pilot is not functioning properly
ATC gives crazy instructions at times - landing that go through mountains etc
Installed itself into a folder named “Chucky” - so professional
Cant open the door of my plane! - maybe i havent figured it out

Probably loads more but these are the first into my thoughts.

It comes off like I hate the game, I love it, but I can criticise it too!

1 Like

Thanks. It is configure this way but one cannot stop say any point between center and left for example.

Right - it is love for the sim that make us sound that way. So ironic!

1 Like

Being able to adjust the eyepoint (Like we could in FSX/P3d) to get rid of the fisheye lens look in external view (Has already been requested in the voting) wishlist, but thought I would add it here as well, for good measure :slight_smile:

I believe the up/down keyboard arrows adjust your position (eye-point) up/down in the cockpit.
Zoom in with the mouse wheel when using the external view to reduce/fix the fisheye view.

1 Like

Agreed, but you are then too close to the aircraft. The more you zoom out, the buildings and the sky and aircraft fuselages start to stretch. If you zoom in to 1.0 (like in the old FSX), then move the eyepoint/FOV back, the sky and the buildings stay as they are, ie: Not stretched

The vote thread is here if you are interested in getting this feature added

You can change the hat switch bindings to move it freely. You do need to rebind all four or eight directions manually though.

1 Like

This is not the same as “free look”

1 Like

not to mention “continous flyby”

The whole camera thing in MFS2020 is real a mess.
From mouse to keyboard and back makes me crazy (like the sh… from xplane)
I want ALL visual functions back on my coolie hat … no mouse or keybard cam !!!

Here you this will give you the ability to move and stop the camera wherever you want.

1 Like

are there any loadable presets for the cam on msf2020 ?

You must have more that one assignment then because the picture shown will pan a full 360 and pan up and down. I have it set up this way and it pans, I have no snap views with the hat switch

Then I just don’t understand what exactly you need.

1 Like

You can also adjust the speed at which the external camera pans around and how fast it slows to a stop after you let go of it.

Would also add to this list -

• Taxiways at most towered airports are identified using fake, procedurally generated identifiers. FSX had them accurate as of the time the sim was released.

• There are no radio/TV tower obstacles anywhere in the sim with the exception of windmills. Again, FSX had them. It had other things like VORs, too. (they have acknowledged missing obstacles at least, so they should come to the sim some day)

• This might be small potatoes to some but it bothers me - runway numbers for narrow (< 100’ wide) runways are too small now. At least in the US per FAA regs, there are requirements that define a minimum size, and it was something FSX got right but it regressed in MSFS some time after TA1.

1 Like