Around the World VFR (ish) - now complete!

Leg 79 - Bergen, Norway (ENBR Flesland) to Paris, France (LFPG Charles de Gaulle)

This leg: 863Nm, 2:40 flying time
Total so far: 89,025Nm, 340:33 flying time

Today we are making an evening flight from Bergen to Paris. On the way, our route will take in quite a few landmarks: Aalborg Stadium, Cere Park Aaarhus, Lego House, Afsluitdijk, Houtribdijk, Rijkmuseum, Erasmus Bridge, Cathedral of Our Lady Antwerp, Palais de Justice Brussels, Citadelle of Lille, Amiens Cathedral.

Hoping for less cloudy weather today, as that was a bit of a problem over Norway and Sweden on our last leg. And it is indeed a beautiful late afternoon in Bergen with clear skies around

We take off to the North before turning 180 to head back South towards Aalborg, our first destination - but unfortunately heading back into heavy clouds

Crossing Southern Norway

Crossing the Skagerrak towards Denmark

Here’s Aalborg and we fly right over the top of the football stadium

Onwards to Aarhus and we can see just how flat the terrain is here - which does mean we can fly nice and low over Aarhus and Cere Park

Heading South West towards Billund and the Lego House

And on to the dykes in Netherlands, Afsluitdijk and Houtribdijk. Leaving the Danish coast and heading across the North Sea

Approaching the Dutch coast and the cloud getting lower again in the sinking sunlight

And here are Afsluitdijk and Houtribdijk, just visible through the mist (which I’m really hoping clears soon!)

Onwards to Amsterdam and the Rijkmuseum, which is unfortunately shrouded by the low cloud

I suspect Rotterdam and the Erasmus Bridge will be the same…but it turns out we are in luck and the clouds clear a little

Maybe Antwerp will be the same and we’ll get good views of the Cathedral of Our Lady - but not really - it’s down there somewhere I’m sure

Brussels may be just as bad, or indeed worse

Heading further West to Lille, and maybe, just maybe, the cloud will clear a bit. We may be in luck, although it’s getting darker than I thought it would. We can just see the Citadel of Lille below

Last stop before Paris is Amiens and a good view of the Cathederal

And on to Paris and definitely clearing cloud, which is great

Turning on to our final approach

And down and parked

I think we may be on our last leg for our next flight!

1 Like