Around the World VFR (ish) - now complete!

Leg 9 - Richmond, USA (KFCI Chesterfield County) to Miami, USA (KMIA Miami International)

This leg: 827Nm, 3:20 flying time
Total so far: 8,361Nm, 31:59 flying time

Time for a longish haul down the Florida Coast to Key West today. The plan is to sight see on the way via Norfolk, Charleston, Sea Island, Daytona Beach, Palm Beach and Miami

Nice views over Norflok - little bit of a cloudy day. We’re going mid afternoon, thinking to maybe catch the sunset down in Florida.

Heading for Charleston, we pass over Cherry Point Airfield on the Carolina Coast

Myrtle Beach - great golfing around here!

And we pass Charleston on our left hand side, heading South to Sea Island

I’m going to show my age now. Anyone remember this?

I remember playing this in the early 2000s. And here I am flying over Sea Island in a flight simulator…

The sun is starting to go down as we pass by Jacksonville

And as we reach Daytona Beach, you can just see the International Raceway in the foreground

By the time we reach Palm Beach, it’s properly dark

Given how dark it is, I decide to land at Miami International rather than carry on to Key West. I fancy seeing Key West in the dawn, and so decide to use ILS Runway 08L to land at Miami.

But first we get a little tour of the bright lights of the city

I decided to let the AutoPilot have a go at the ILS landing! To be fair, he nailed it right on the centre line. Way to go Otto.

And impressive taxi lights at Miami International

So that’s me off for an early night so I can be up at the crack of dawn to head down to Key West, and then on to the Caribbean Islands

And so here’s the progress so far:

1 Like