Airports, Traffic, FPS Disappear - Simconnect Object Limit?

Same here; flight KLAS / KBOS (FLYTAMPA) no KBOS then KBOS / KLAS no KLAS. Fenix A320

The aircraft you fly is totally unimportant. You could use the Wright Flyer and the outcome would still be the same. :wink:

@JayViation

Suggestions for reproduction from Dev Team - I passed up this threadā€™s comments from everyone to them:

Perf test 1 : Load this scenario with full default scenery.
Perf test 2 : Load this scenario with a default aircraft.
Perf test 3 : Load this scenario in full vanilla.
ATC test : Load this scenario without AIG and GSX.

Observation: there is too much third-party content involved to clearly identify what might be happening, but as the defect reporting approach has always stated - remove as much possibility that a non-core sim program is a contributing factor (or even the potential root cause)ā€¦

(End Dev Team Observations and Recommendations)

It is most definately related to the object limit being reached that is being caused by GSX and itā€™s extra objects in conjunction with any AI Injector that injects enough AI with their respective service vehicles.

If you use the same scenario and use PSXT as an injector instead, with real traffic, the problem does not arise even if you let PSXT inject as much traffic and ground aircraft as they currently exist in real life at the moment.
The reason for this is because on the ground only the aircraft on the departure airport spawn (as opposed to AIG and FSTL that spawns object on all airports in the vicinity) and the fact that the aircraft spawn only as single objects without any service vehicle or jetway interaction.

Thatā€™s the thing, though. Itā€™s the third-party addons that are causing the object limit to be reached. Many users have indicated it may be Simconnect, which is part of the core sim, so that should be a good starting point. My tests have shown high VRAM demand (higher than my GPU can provide), so if itā€™s a VRAM issue, Iā€™ve provided evidence from my 8GB graphics card, so someone with a 12, 16, or 24GB card would have to try it out.

I understand tests 1 and 2, but I worry that tests 3 and 4 wonā€™t yield anything since it removes the addons causing high object counts.

Thereā€™s a lot of evidence here of issues from multiple users on a number of flights, including the ORD-OMA flight Iā€™ve discussed and provided numerous screenshots from, but thereā€™s a consistencyā€¦departing from a large busy airport with GSX and AIG (or FSLTL) at high settings results in arrival airports and traffic to not load, and performance to suffer.

Thereā€™s more anecdotal evidence on twitch and youtube, streamers playing on vatsim, IVAO, or PilotEdge using representative traffic and GSX who DO NOT have the issue. Since theyā€™re only seeing the network traffic around them, they may have a handful or no other airplanes in sight. Therefore, the object count is much lower as compared to offline flying with real-world flight schedules determining the aircraft being injected.

2 Likes

Is that scenery created by FSIMSTUDIOS? My GPU has 16gb of VRAM. I have a problem with their Vancouver airport where it uses all my VRAM. My fps does not drop to single digits. It stays above 30 but stutters when pannning.
Otherwise I have no issues with other payware airports. Most payware airports I own that are well optimised will use between 12-14gb VRAM.

Yes, CYHZ by FSimStudios.

Iā€™ve been having this a lot recently with:

FSminStudios - CYHZ and CYVR
FlyTampa - CYYZ
iniBuilds - KLAX

The outcome is the sameā€¦choose any of them departure or arrival, FPS drops to single digits and does not clear. I did a full flight out of CYYZ with 7fps (the entire way, to a smaller airport, it never went back up), CPU gets killed down to 3% usage, GPU latency shoots up and pegged at 99% with cool 60C temps. They used to be fine, dont mind 20-30fps, but it seems like a constant issue now, and its hard to blame the 3rd parties when theyā€™re all different.

Another reproducible issue from my end that is very easy to test. Simply load the PMDG 737 or Fenix A320 (or honestly, any other aircraft from my experience) into FSDTā€™s KORD scenery. Run AIG Traffic Controller and Inject 100% traffic (I donā€™t have all airline packages installed, but do have most major international and US airlines). Allow ghost jetways to start moving with aircraft failing to appear. Then, try going back to main menu.

The sim will never load and continue ā€œloadingā€ the home screen, even after closing AIG.

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ve had this happen as well.

Also worth mentioning that after I disabled GSX and tried this scenario again, all aircraft loaded in as per usual. So it looks like the issue of hitting this limit usually stems specifically from using GSX in conjunction with an AI injection software at larger hubs.

If the dev team is concerned about too many different third-party addons being in play in these tests, could someone write a simconnect-using app that simply injects 1001 objects into the sim at a certain distance to the user position? (This is an easy suggestion for me to make since I have no ability to do it!)

As others have pointed out, all you really need activate is AIG/FSTL/GAIST plus GSX, and youā€™re super likely to hit the limit. User aircraft is totally irrelevant. My suggestion for an as-vanilla-as-possible test scenario would be Deluxe default EGLL to deluxe default EDDF in the A310, with FSTL maxed out, plus GAIST, and GSX active (without the ā€œreduced ground equipmentā€ toggle). That should do it every time.

Iā€™m concerned this discussion is going in circles. If that continues this limit will never even be acknowledged by the team, much less rectifiedā€¦

Thatā€™s not really vanilla then, since youā€™re suggesting using deluxe hand-crafted airports with the other addons. As I mentioned above, the most vanilla arrangement probably wonā€™t cause the problem since the object counts are a lot less.

If the sim is open to third-party addons, they should really be considered when bug-testing. Weā€™ve described a number of situations where a combination of third-party addons, from well-respected and experienced developers, are causing the sim to stop working the way it should. The problem is not each individual addon as they all work well on their own, but something happens in the simulator when a combination of them (ones that involve injecting many objects) are being used together. Itā€™s not even limited to third-party airports; this happens at the included hand-crafted airports as well (once happened to me departing OMDB). Thatā€™s a simulator problem, and itā€™s clearly affecting more and more simmers.

1 Like

I totally agree with you, which is why itā€™s frustrating the response is ā€œshow us the problem in the vanilla simā€¦ā€

I see on Avsim that an increasing number of people are running into this, but most of them still donā€™t understand that this is the apparent cause. Itā€™s clearly in Asoboā€™s interest to nip this in the bud now rather than wait until a bigger and bigger number of users encounter it.

1 Like

For me switching my GSX install to the one with minimal ground clutter and turning off the ground equipment in AIGTC solves the issue for me at this point. Was able to reproduce my flight from EDDM to LTAI that caused this earlier and had no issue, and have been able to do RKSI to ZBAA which was an issue in the past, KMIA to KORD, and several others without any issues. Will report back if I encounter it again.

Iā€™ve had the same experience so far. Iā€™ve had two recent flights from large airports with GSX on, ground clutter turned off, and the AIGTC ground equipment off as well. Most recent was out of KORD with 85% traffic. It really seems to be the object limit. Iā€™ll try to do something out of EGLL or KLAX soon to see if thereā€™s a trend.

1 Like

Flew iniBuildsā€™ KLAX to FlyTampaā€™s KLAS in the FSS E175, same settings as above, and the scenery and ai traffic loaded in nicely and had good performance. Will test more.

Itā€™s important to note that:

1. GSX Extra Ground Clutter is turned off in the installer config. Iā€™ve been testing passenger density at ā€˜very denseā€™.
  2. AIGTC ground equipment is turned off. Iā€™ve been testing at 85% traffic.

This setup has worked three times so far because I took the steps to reduce object counts at the large departure airports. Itā€™s acceptable, for the time being, because I can use GSX for core functionality, and have ai traffic immersion at the same time. Just more support for the maximum object limit possibility.

@Regis902, when you flew the CYYZ-CYHZ flight a few weeks ago, that you referenced in this thread, did you also have the AIGTC ground clutter off as well? When I recreated your flight, I had it off and I had the airport and ai traffic load properly (but with horrible performance), so Iā€™m wondering if it would work for you if you were to recreate your flight with those settings.

Thanks, I did take the steps of removing GSX ground clutter and AIGTC ground services and havenā€™t had a repeat of the issue so far since doing so.

I flew from Inibuilds KDTW to FlyTampa KBOS over the weekend in the Fenix without an issue so thatā€™s a good sign that those steps to reduce airport objects workedā€¦thatā€™s a fairly intense airport combo.

Iā€™ll try the YYZ-YHZ flight again soon and a KLAX flight as that was my most consistent issue generating airport.

Tried KDTW-CYQB today using AIG traffic at 75%, and GSX without extra ground clutter. Aircraft was the Aerosoft CRJ. All AI aircraft and GSX vehicles initially loaded in fine at the settings I listed above.

Had to reset my GSX just before pushing back at iniScene DTW due to a GSX-related issue, which caused all GSX ground vehicles to disappear as they should. When couatl restarted though, all ground vehicles were invisible despite all GSX functionality working. To test further, I tried removing all AIG traffic and reinjecting. The traffic was now ā€œghost traffic,ā€ meaning the simobject limit had been reached. Didnā€™t bother continuing with the flight.

So basically, I tried the same method as you did but unfortunately was not as fortunate. Disappointing to say the least.

Iā€™ve had the same thing happening yesterday at KLAX. I also had to reset GSX (= reposition at another gate / reset position) before pushback and had te same effects, GSX and AI traffic (AIG) invisible. Arrival airport KASE was invisible, too, so was any VATSIM plane (connected after AIG became invisible). It seems like resetting GSX has something to do with it in those many-simobjects-situations, because this is the very first time Iā€™ve had that happening (I regularly fly from big hubs and with GSX and AIG and it never happened). Maybe @Umberto67 can check if resetting GSX somehow does have something to do with this problem, and others maybe can confirm that this is something theyā€™ve done too before this happened.