Asobo appreciation thread

You wont reach a ton unless people come on and disagree with you. The thread topic is not of wide enough interest, I’m afraid :sleepy:

In fairness, the title of the post does allude to that… :sweat_smile:

Welp. The least I could do was make this thread. The fact it has gotten any response is a win in my eyes. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

To clarify - it is of interest to me!

Even though the humourless amongst the forum members are flagging my post.

3 Likes

I’m not here to throw mud about. I want the sim to improve because it has its flaws, but there are people here, it seems, only to inflate, inflame/add fuel to a fire and just play devil’s advocate.

Asobo are claiming that bug reports aren’t clear, aren’t concise enough yet the loud voices are literally screaming about how it is in the game and Asobo don’t seem to realise, that those voices are here.

If those loud decenting voices were put there experience of the game breaking bugs they encounter, rather than just taking the easy route and voicing off, we would have that stunning game/ sim that I have.

Keyboard warriors on both sides are winning nothing and Asobo don’t need a love in. They need good information and this thread is not going to give them that!

When I do my flights for an hour or two in my evenings, I can‘t get my smile out of my face, when I see this graphics.
This is to me THE FLIGHTSIM.
Ok, on the other hand, there are bugs in several areas. But honestly, I was expecting this, as this Program was announced to be still in development.
I personally believe, that the development is going faster than the testing of the results. The focus should be from the developers a little higher on the testing, as far as I can see.
But the work so far done, is very good, and I am happy with this Flightsimulator.
If something is not working as expected, I read the forums. Most work arounds do help, and I get somehow up in the air. I bought a computer game, nothing else.

8 Likes

Oh is it skool holidaze already?

1 Like

Me too! From the time I was a beta tester, I love it very much. Its a new program and like any other software, I will get better with age. asobo is doing a wonderful job with this and the fact they didn’t rush out the next patch and delayed it so it will work properly, has gone high in my books for approval. Let’s be patient with them ok??

5 Likes

You are correct but as you said yourself, there’s already plenty of threads that do just that. I’ve tried to make a few myself + zendesk reports. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with reporting and discussing bugs/features in a constructive manner. That’s not why I made this thread.

Further, I don’t get the issue in creating a one in a million thread where we forget about reporting bugs and have some intentionally positive feedback! I mean come on, we all love this sim, why not express that! :smile: I am absolutely not trying to play devil’s advocate, that’s for sure!

4 Likes

I wasn’t referring to you specifically, maybe lost in the text, as can be the case with many heart felt points. I support the thread in its intensions but I suggest we make more effort into detailed bug reports and bug discussions.

1 Like

I would’nt be surprised if it is not a lot of vested interests that are stoking the fire at every oppatunity… the same names time after time… Don’t like it, clear off back to your inferior graphic games…

Definitely appreciate the team at Asobo.

So much so, that I created a topic in early September

MSFS is a visual masterpiece. One day it will have the basics of all other previous flight sim applications like Post Flight replays & analysis, Multi-Monitor support etc. For now the team is taking the heat but staying the course, and for that we all should take a break from the negativity that SAPS creativity and opportunity.

Asobo are a small but committed Studio and the sim will only get BETTER from here.

cheers (and beers)

7 Likes

How many sims release free updates every couple of weeks that is not just code/bug fixes, but a lot of content as well?

So someone who says they paid $ xxx for this, tell me one sim out there that will give the number of updates, content that Asobo is giving and the rate they are giving these at? Isnt that itself unique to this sim in a market where each update has been charged?

7 Likes

Asobo and Microsoft have created a sim that having used Xplane nad P3D I diod not think I would see in my lifetime.
When one considers that they have created a sim that uses real life maps and real life street views to the extent that I was able to find a villa I stayed in 6 years ago on the island if Kefalonia, Greece: That alone was worth the full price I paid for the deluxe version from Microsoft Store.
The sim in its starting form is incredible, 510.1 million km² of mapped earth, land with buildings and trees and waving grass, weather and more; all looking like it is real unlike anything available before.

I want to thank Asobo technicians and programmers because they have created a stunning foundation which with their following work or thier 3rd Party collaboration will be able to create a Flight SIM that will will go a long way to toward rivaling a static real flight sim that only covers one aircraft and cost around $1million.

With most probably 100,000 to 1,000,000 permutations of peoples computer specs and internet connectivity, it is no wonder there are issues, CTDs and bugs.

In looking over the programming of a simple warehouse management system I cannot imagine the content of code required just to get a plane to respond to the controls let alone fly land, circle, follow flight plans. I am not really surprised at the odd issue.

Thank you Asobo for something truly magnificent, Thank you Microsoft for backing them. And thanks to all those who understand the issues and fully support the Sims release.

BTW to anyone who thinks that for $120 this should be a completely finished product fully working with no issues what so ever I point you to Prepar3d, XPlane and FSX: All are incomplete products, some still have CTDs.

If you want prefect then dump your PC and go to “Into The Blue” in Kent UK. They are offering 30mins for £120.00 in a 737-800.

Happy flying Asobo and long may it grow.

14 Likes

I want it all & I want it now is unfortunately what we are living now

FS2020 is not complete and has some problems. But is the most beatiful simulator existing now. Obviosly we must compare the “stock” version of different simulators.

Great job Asobo. Continue to solve the problem and make better our sim.

11 Likes

I’ve been playing computer games and sims since the early 80s (yes, I’m that old!) and I can honestly say that MSFS 2020 has already given me some of the best moments ever in gaming/simming.

This sim is an astounding achievement, both artistically and technically. The moaners and detractors clearly have absolutely no idea how difficult this sort of endeavour is and how momentous is the achievement already delivered. I’ve had my CTDs and minor gripes but they’re as nothing compared to the wonders I’ve already experienced. MSFS 2020 is genuinely a beacon of hope in a difficult world.

Well done to everyone involved but especially the hard-working devs.

17 Likes

Just to clarify your point.
Considering that from my experience this program provides essentially the same as Prepar3d, XPlane and FSX except it has a few birth issues , bugs and errors (which all 3 of those also have): What is missing that means it is not a good implementation of a flight sim?
I would be interested in your opinon of what would have been a good implementation.
Thanks

4 Likes

Thanks Asobo … you made me return to flight simming after a long time away.

My comment is take your time and test thoroughly before updates.

Best regards

11 Likes

I personally spent over $2000 (Rig, monitor, addons, sim itself) for this beautiful sim and am being very patient because I know its not an easy task, first ever detailed global simulation game. They mentioned from the beginning its a 10 year project. It’ll just keep getting better. In the meantime as we wait I get to simulate with what we have, its flyable and have all the confidence will become very flyable as it should. Again Thank you Asobo!

5 Likes

Don’t blame ASOBO - I’m sure it was Microsoft that pushed the game out early with all the issues!

1 Like