ASOBO / Microsoft - development team - Thank You

Well, yeah, BUT… some pleople seem to forget that a lot of us have paid 120€ for a program that was supposedly launch-ready… when it wasn’t.

Right now, there are some planes that are barely flyable, and some operations in any airplane are frustrating. Most of the airplanes have glass cockpits that barely work.

So, words of encouragement? Of course… but thanks? No. I bought a product and the product under-delivered on some key aspects. And when everything was broken, the dev team pushed a new massive content update, with very few problems solved.

I understand the need to keep the commercial momentum by creating new eye candy… but the sim is broken. A little bit more focus on fixes would be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

Nice to see this post from a Sailor colleague. I’ve actually sailed through the Panama-Canal on a Container vessel (also more than 15 years ago). We were on our way to Capetown, Durban and Port Elisabeth. It sure is nice to be able to fly above the places you have visited. I also can confirm the townships surrounding Capetown, so lets be grateful we have more opportunities. Switching between being a virtual Pilot and Music Composer I’m doing quite well in this period. Many happy landings :wink:

1 Like

Credit where credit is due. I reiterate what I said a while ago.

The satisfaction of being on-speed, on GS, velocity vector on the runway numbers. And then looking up and seeing the closest real world view as possible. I think everyone remembers that moment.

Thanks MS-Asobo. The magic is back.

4 Likes

Very well-said! Granted, MSFS is not yet perfect, but do consider what a giant leap it is from what we’ve had so far. In years of flight simming, I’ve also never seen such an open developer team, acknowledging feedback from the community, and informing it about what’s coming next.

I see a very bright future for this new platform, though it may take a few months to polish it. Be patient, guys, all good things come to those who wait :wink:

4 Likes

Bravo and amen

2 Likes

Good luck to everyone, and lets pray for better days :wink:

6 Likes

My view to the east and the city of Glasgow. Nothing looks like this at night, the mixture of all the light temps are just stunning. No more flickering orbs. I let the TBM ice up on the way down from Sumburgh to see how long it took to melt when < the freezing alt, it took 12 mins.

Thank you MS and Asobo, as somene above said, a looooong way frm the sub-logic days. It flys butter smooth on my new 3080 OC Strix after a little fine tuning.

4 Likes

Yes bravo Asobo!

Flying the Neo today with the FlyByWire latest mod was a rewarding experience. Speaking of experience, there is now a voice controlled first officer with a company called Multi Crew Experience, which greatly enhanced my simulated flying. They even do an inclusive push back, with a ground team which uses the Asobo Tugs.

Then I flew the Longitude into my local airport and was transported into the world of golf millionaires!:grin:

So yes, big thanks to the team’s behind these superb simulations.:beer:

1 Like

Nice to hear that- seems many sailors have different and flexibel hobbies and interests. Often they can do a lot of things but nothing well :slight_smile: (sorry just a joke as I’m (ex) sailor too.) I play also electric guitar and bass guitar and did homerecordiing. At sea I had a lot of time to do recordings with my first vst-plugins on one floppy disk (today their are surely more possibilities) . In this time I also dicovered one of the first versions of MSFS - just on one or two 1,44 floppy disks and with simple and awful graphics - but the virus of FS came over me! :slight_smile: So have a good time on board. I know that it s sometimes not easy and it may be much more difficult for sailors in corona times. I hope goverments will do more for sailors that want to go ashore to visit their homes and families. But enjoy your time visiting the world. After all a remember the time on sea and different ports as its a good expirience for life. So “always one fathom under keel” - you and your crew stay healthy!

1 Like

Yes I agree that a lot of things should be fixed and getting worse since last patch. But I do enjoy the sim anyway and Ive seen too many negative comments and than I thought what I would do and feel as a ordenary programmer of Asobo. So I just want to motivate them to keep going on. FS9 and X wasn’t perfect from the beginning and nearly unplayable bacause of very high system requierments. I could never play FSX because I had bad framerates. OK, now I bought a high end computer because I don t like to turn all faders to left.
I have a wishlist with priorities (that should be fixed) but I think they all reported to Asobo, so we just can wait and let them time for fixing it. But must of the smaller planes are flyable well or there are allready mods from the community. I remember the default FS 9 and FSX planes were not useful at all and very simple compare to some add ons which came out later.

1 Like

This post made me finally create an account to make a comment. This post makes all the complaints look trivial. It’s gotta be shared. Please don’t share my tweet, I’m only giving it as an example of how this positivity needs to be spread in your own way.

(you can view the tweet under my handle of @scottneb)

4 Likes

A Big Thank You to the developers of this program.
Yes, there are bugs now, and there will be more to come. But this game is the best flightsim, which I have ever seen.
I will walk this way with you guys.

1 Like

Yeah, Thank You, but please fix that downgrade :wink: .

welcome. and you come from a great part of the US to visit and fly over. You will never run out of salt :slight_smile: KTEX-KSLC a nice trip in the TBM.
If anyone hasn’t done some flying around Telluride (KTEX), it’s a great place to learn about high altitude operations (9500 feet high). Just remember to set weather to a preset and not live at the moment so the outside air temp is correct and it wont affect your performance at any high altitude strip.

Also a fellow musician then? I also played Guitar and Bass but couldn’t beat Mark King (Level42) so I switched to Synthesizer. You also were home recording? Do you have any songs left (online) you recorded? I have a YT-channel with some tunes I created. In case Fs crashes (never happened so far) I like to listen to pieces other musicians made. Btw FS on two floppy’s means 1980 right…that was long ago :vhs:
Take care :wink:

1 Like

Agreed, cheers bro. I knew going in that this sim was going to have growing pains as it developed. Just like other sims I’ve played in the past. With that that in mind I’m stoked at what this sim will eventually become. Other than that I’ve enjoyed the sim even with its flaws, did a flight from CYVR to fsdreamteams KORD earlier today beautiful flight. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you send me a personal message/email adress , I can give you a link. Because of copyright matters I`m a little careful to post a link here. Take care :slight_smile:

1 Like

yesterday I ve flown over the Pyrenaes / Spain online and with real weather. There were pretty much clouds, rain , tubulences, but then the blue skies when flying over 12.000 feet - amazing!

After the last patch some issues fixed. So it 's fine that the ASOBO Team listen to the community and try their best. I ignore that some users are complaining again. It’s ok, to complain, but check first your own mistakes - f.e. emty your community folder before updating, too many addons may slow down your FS performance and may cause errors (as I have experienced).

When Miscrosoft/Asobo announced this new Flight Simulator, the key thing that sold me was that they wanted to make the best VFR flight simulator possible.

And in that promise, they have done just that.

Even with the bugs (and most were easy to work around) I have been very satisfied, and enjoying it. I have done some long IFR airliner flights too, and whilst there MAY be some issues, nothing have taken away the enjoyment I have had from this sim, and especially at the price.

Only one CTD in over 70 hours of play. And that may be more to do with my memory setup (I have two different sets of RAM, one 8GB pair, and one 16GB pair, with the former being 3200Mhz but slightly faster timings and the latter beign 3600Mhz, to give 48GB RAM. Trying to get the best out of this setup is more an art than a science.

I dont have a super high end rig either, just a Ryzen 1800x, and a standard GTX 1080, which i use to play at 4k High End.

2 Likes

I also want to thank for this great simulation and the continuous bug fixing work! I’m loving it!

1 Like