Asobo/Microsoft silence

My PC cost 210€ for a MSI Gaming Edge WiFi mainboard, 250 for a Ryzen 7 3700X, 350 for the Radeon 5700, and 210 for a special hyperfast 16GB kit of Dark Pro RAM. (Graphics card is sold.)

And I had zero CTD´s the whole year 2021, and a few crashes in 2020. Maybe shutting off this online and multiplayer stuff is the secret :wink:

1 Like

Yes it is :heart_eyes:

lets hope that we dont have to choose between live weather an CTDs…fingers crossed!

Ah yes but do also note the ‘in the past 12 months’. I suppose many participants had already purchased most of their hardware.

I upgraded all mine to honeycomb though. Costed me an additinal ~1000 (importing the bravo) but I consider it well spend. :wink: Now all we need is new airplanes to fill the skies …well and that steady simulator of course, but to be honest atfer the SU5-disaster I had no trouble with it anymore. I hope most users can say that too very soon again.

but then, you have a better optic on the ground in XP10 :joy:

good point noting the ‘12 month’ point of emphasis, and you are right that the caveat distinguishes temporally. Again, the subscription, whether microsoft, steam, however anybody is accessing the online features (paying for the internet to connect), these are costs associated with this game. The most important one which I believe further destroys the $0 hypothesis is that gammers/simmers time alone interacting with this game is valued at more than $0.

I might add though, as a little word to the wise, I just run it on V-sync with frames locked at 30. No stutters, no CTD, no memory leaks. I came over from FSX with an average of 18-24 fps so 30 already is quite fancy for me. Also, I’m not on beta as that sounds like trouble.

I often think most people that have a lot of trouble with MSFS are ‘frame chasers’ which of course can be their own free choice but to me its not worth the agony of all those mentioned CTD’s and stutters. With regards to this I agree to some ‘less is more’. I might check out locking at 60 once DX12 pulls through but untill then I’m fine.

1 Like

But could we count time as hardware expenditure though? I mean, rheumatism maybe, but time? :wink:

They recently pinned a comment on the discord channel that we can use live weather. While using live weather I experienced a CTD in a C172 analog gauges…

So here we go again…

It is a good question regarding the time spent. As for the subscription to xbox live, steam, or whatever else + internet, that leaves people at well above $0 a month- let alone the year. the nature of the beast.

1 Like

The point is not if someone accepts it or not.
The point is that for the 100th time,everyone says the same in 100 different topics,in an issue that NOW is solved and that BEFORE HOLIDAYS,they clearly stated that everything will return to the standard routine AFTER HOLIDAYS

Everything else is childish behaviour

2 Likes

There is definitely some validity to this. One of the major aspects of the issues within MSFS that really is a gut punch is when you’ve planned, prepared, gone through preflight and startup checklists, obtained clearance, taxied, taken off, climbed, cruised, descended, landed and a CTD and/or crash into an invisible object on the runway/taxiway ruins a multi-hour flight.

I’ve definitely used software with bugs and have been frustrated by said bugs, but I can’t think of too many instances where I’ve invested multiple hours in a single session that get ruined at the end of that session by a “land mine”-like experience where a CTD or invisible object caps it off.

If this, alone, could go away, I’d be just so appreciative. The time investment is something, what I don’t know, but it is something.

1 Like

At this point I’m just holding out until XP12.

5 Likes

@SkyVagrant4490 I also paid sums for my system. But slowly I see a lot of advantages when FS doesn’t work. The computer is allowed to earn real money mining during that time. xD

1 Like

Hi, how to access the beta I have the windows version, thanks

1 Like

Go to the dedicated section of the MSFS forum, there is a new section created entirely for the beta (it’s purple in color I think) and it has a pinned post at the top with the instructions for how to get the beta. There are a few steps and some important information on downloading it as it’s a unique version. It’s worth getting in my view, have used it since early December and had no problems.

I spent £50 on a joystick to use with MSFS, but £4,500 on a new pc capable of running MSFS at the highest settings possible.

So, by that reckoning I fall into the 63% category of folk who have spent less than $100.

Just goes to show how utterly pointless that graph is.

4 Likes

Hello everyone, activity has been a bit slowed down during this holiday period. The Live Weather issue has been reported as soon as staff members noticed Community feedback (thank you) and started to investigate asap. A communication has been made before and when a fix has been deployed.
We will keep communicating as soon as we have relevant information to share.

10 Likes