Asobo PC-6 Porter: Condition Lever Bind Not Functional

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

PC

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Steam

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Once bound to a hardware control such as a lever, the Condition Lever Axis appears to be working correctly in the Controls Menu (axis responds) but in the cockpit, the lever does not change the graphic of the Condition Lever. You can only move the Condition Lever in cockpit using the small arrow click spots with your mouse.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Once bound to a hardware control such as a lever, the Condition Lever Axis appears to be working correctly in the Controls Menu (axis responds) but in the cockpit, the lever does not change the graphic of the Condition Lever. You can only move the Condition Lever in cockpit using the small arrow click spots with your mouse.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.21.13.0 (SU7/GOTY)

Same issue here.

Yup same issue, They did fixed it on the Caravan…guess that in order to fix the same issue on another plane we have to wait for another update… :roll_eyes: :smirk:

Ahhh that explains it… I think I may go check out the MilViz PC-6 then. I do rather love this aircraft!!

Same Issue here.

Agreed! Was really hoping to try the Asobo PC-6 due to the more Steam Gauge feel of it but not able to bind the Condition Lever really hurts that… Works just fine in the Milviz PC-6 though.

Same issue on Xbox for what it’s worth

This problem still exist with XBox Series X with VelocityOne flight yoke. Even after the 1/6 update

Same here…not to mention getting it into cutoff was a mystery until I stumbled on the click spot at the bottom of the lever movement to remove the safety and allow the lever to be clicked fully down. Is there a way to assign a button to remove the safety? Hope they give this a bit of TLC soon.

2 Likes

Still a problem
PC

Still an issue.

Buy the one from Milviz, 200% better and supported by the devs.

1 Like

Still haveing the problem on Xbox.

still an issue dec 23 wow

No surprise. The bug isn’t even tagged “feedback logged” let alone “bug logged”.

Who knows if they are even aware of it.

At this point, just get the Milvz/Blackbird version. Even if Asobo fixed everything on the default one, the Milviz version would still be the higher fidelity version.

Same with me. However, when I move my mixture/condition lever forward on my controller, the cabin control moves full forward. I do not remember if my controller affects the engine when I pull it back or cutoff, but it probably does. No visual motion on the controller going back.

Possibly because of the cut-off prevention tab?? this is one thing different than other turbines.

That cut-off prevention tab might be the reason - so, how can that tab be controlled to allow cut-off?

Did this get “stealth” fixed? I am now able to set the Condition lever in any of its three positions via axis, when before it wouldn’t move from High to Low idle or into Cut-off without using the mouse.

It seems to work now in both the steam gauge and G950 wheeled variants.

Still marked bug-logged and I haven’t flown the Porter in a long time. I’ll ask Dev Team.