Asobo Pilatus PC-6 missing rudder trim

Fuel valve bottom left

Quickview 120°left moves camera only 10° left

1 Like

Fuel Valve does not work… You can cut it, but the engine is still running forever.

Same can be said for the thrust reverse and prop reverse/feather. They also dont work or there are no bindings for them!

1 Like

Assuming they even have QC :joy::joy:

thats easy, there isnt a proper one…that costs money, you know.
i am really really apalled at the lack of quality of these updates again and again.

3 Likes

Exactly. I had a quick go in the PC-6 without the checklist (can’t use it in VR due to another bug). Not familiar with the aircraft so for the first time in MSFS I used Ctrl+E to start to save myself time… except the autostart didn’t turn on the fuel valve…

Strangely, the aircraft started ‘cold & dark’ in a parking space but with all the switches on - lights, avionics, beacon… pretty much everything set to on (except the engine/fuel).

Back in the menu in the My Hangar view, the beacon is even flashing there - that’s a first!

1 Like

The steam gauge version of the plane has no gust lock in the cockpit, but the control surfaces are locked and don’t move when you move the stick. There doesn’t seem to be a way to unlock them.

The glass cockpit version has the lock in the cockpit and correctly unlocks both the stick and the control surfaces when you toggle it.

2 Likes

I especially like the automatic rear wheel lock. XD

Seriously now, just had a wild discussion here.
Super hornet video - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums
I don’t know any without the lock. Was there any? I mean, the bike is steered via the pedals.

The same goes for the trim indicator, which can be found on every model with electrical trim.

Try and find the Tailwheel steering lock that the PC-6 should have. Milviz managed to fit one

Apparently it is not needed if you fly in Easy mode which the sim defaults to.

3 Likes

I have the Milviz as well, but wanted to give the floats a go since that’s not out on the MV bird yet. Unfortunately the aircraft spins to the right on startup. Also when taxiing on the water, it kept acting like it was weather-vaning and no matter how much opposite pedal I gave it with the water rudders down, it didn’t matter.

Winds were 0 kts at the time, so it has to be something else… Used the 172 as a control and it can taxi around normally.

Well, that’s prolly so by design. Last thing MS wants to do is take away business opportunities for third parties…

Sure. But then just communicate with them and release something that doesn’t compete, rather than a half baked version of the same aircraft.

Has Beta mode been modelled? The Porter is not great as a skydive jump plane if this doesn’t work. Milviz need to release their steam gauges version…

Works fine here. Do the switches not move or you not getting an expected action?

There’s something very wrong with the flight model of this plane, the weather model, or both.

I took off with a 6 knot crosswind from the right (max demonstrated crosswind for the PC-6 is 20 knots), and even full left rudder augmented by propeller torque, p-factor and propwash (prop turns clockwise so the turning tendency is to the left) was barely enough to keep the plane from going off the right side of the runway.

After liftoff, the plane would continue drifting to the right (into the wind) even with full left rudder.

You can do a normal take-off if you dial in full right rudder trim with the rudder trim switch next to flap switch. The problem is no indicator or tail wheel lock but if you just operate the switch for a while to the right you can better control your alignment with the rudder. It’s not ideal but it works.

EDIT : This only applies to the G1000 variant. The steam gauge one is quite un-usable.

1 Like

Fuel valve is working here. Turn it off and the engine needles will start to fall followed by engine out. It’s operation is opposite between the G1000 and steam gauge variants. G1000 almost horizontal is on, Steam gauge vertical is on.

I tested the plane. I do not like. Exterior model is appropriate, beautiful. The cockpit is of very poor quality. Low quality, blurred textures. The texture and appearance of the instruments are also of poor quality. The flight dynamics are also poor. The Pilatus aircraft was made by an external developer, not the Asobo team …

I thought we were getting a carenado quality plane. I would have been willing to pay $ 40 for a high quality model.

The carenado is the best right now, I love it. I am waiting for the cessna skymaster plane.

Carenado is the best? I’m sorry but this couldn’t be more wrong. Their planes are nice to look at but almost on par with the default planes in terms of flight model.

8 Likes