Asobo should create a livery painter which is for people to create personal livery easily

I know @Asobo focuses on improving the game more, but maybe some developers could spend some time in creating 1 application which we could paint the plane and all then export it out to the MSFS 2020, this would actually be a great idea!

7 Likes

I think you can do that with Blender by importing the model and overlaying the texture in the texture painter.
But painting on 3D objects is really annoying which is why there are Paint Kits for various aircraft which you can use in the image editor of your choice (most come as PSD files).

1 Like

I mean ya, but some might not even know how to use it, so if having an application which isn’t as complicated could help everyone out better

You’ve obviously been playing to many NFS games, wants a paint program so anyone can make there planes look like they want…not just wannbe graphics artists…What a wait yeah thats a pretty good idea, I thought of it myself last week (after playing NFS of course).

1 Like

You may not be the target audience Bubba.

3 Likes

nah never had a NFS game before, but having a custom livery for ourself is cool!

Your right I very rarely look at the plane 3rd person.

2 Likes

This is something I want…I have blender, but I don’t have the time or patience to figure out how to use it. I’m very limited on free time. I just want more all or mostly black liveries.

1 Like

I thought I would like to add a couple markings to my TBM 930. I searched Duck Duck Go, watched a couple videos and read some posts here and other instructions. After seeing what it requires, I decided to forget it.

In other words, good idea Jorold0409.

1 Like

To be fair, I’m 99% sure I remember seeing/reading at some point (maybe prerelease during Alpha/Beta (even though lets be honest it’s still a beta but that’s another topic…)) Asobo have floated that they’re considering doing this - a 3D repaint function as part of the ‘Hangar’ we have now. Might well have been dropped and I’m sure it would have been low priority anyway. Would explain the reluctance to release official PSD paintkits for each aircraft, and goes better in hand with the fact they use changes to the model (‘decals’) rather than ‘just’ paint jobs. That’s the big issue at the moment is the mirroring issues when applying ‘traditional’ flight sim PSD paint techniques on things like the 748/787 where the base livery is mirrored but text was a fixed-place decal which you need access to the actual model to change.

Definitely a barrier to the original community creativity we’re used to so it needs to change in some capacity!

1 Like