Assigning key commands to GPS main buttons?

This is EXACTLY what I am trying to do. I have an entire G1000 page ready to map to the buttons!

Same situation, I use a MIDI controller with many knobs on it and it’s terribly frustrating not to be able to map them to in-game Garmin knobs.

2 Likes

YEs this is incredibly annoying.
I want to wire up a Air Manager panel which uses sim connect events.
How do I up vote this?

I tried FSUIPC 7 as they are listed for buttons but they don’t work yet. But I hope they get supported one day because it worked well in P3D

Same here :no_mouth:

Hey people, you need to upvote this topic

I cant believe it, i hoped i just didnt find the keys… :-/

I agree with this. A couple months back, I built a button panel for the C172 in XP11, and it works wonders as XP11 has made it really easy to use microcontrollers to directly access flightsim commands. Disappointed to see the lack of these in MSFS. Like, now I have to scroll through the list of keybinds guessing what they do, and worse, like over half of them are missing

As someone juste “heart”-ed my old post, let me add that I no longer have this issue at all, I use Axis And Ohs and I’ve now mapped most of the G1000 / GNSx30 functions to my MIDI controller.

Hi Jef. Did you ever find a way to get this working?

Sorry Funkyenerman,
I have not been following MSFS2020 very much recently, too much work and perhaps a bit of DCS.
I dont know if the new patches have made it easier to assign some keyboard shortcuts to dial the various controls of the G1000 and other GPS, sorry, perhaps someone else with more time in the game can chime in?

Same problems here they need a popout like xplane 11 or/and away to control the GPS 530. For the time being I use a great app called msfs2020 mobile companion. It does the job. And it’s free.

I would also very much like to see this implementation developed

That issue was apparently marked as “solved” a year ago now, and yet here we are still waiting for it (or buying 3rd party software to fix that)… It’s a disappointing to say the least…

1 Like

you should lessen your expectations what this sim can do.
its still very unfinished and that will be the case for a long time .

Hi, I’d also be interested to see this implementation developed as I have enough peripherals on my desk already!!

Any update on this possibility? We need this!

By the way, no solution so far!

1 Like

3+ years later there still does not seem to be a solution for this. Has anyone found a workaround?

Trying to use the mouse to work the gps while flying a helicopter with Trackir/Tobii isn’t easy.

You need a third party app that can actuate the associated Input Events or HVars, like AxisAndOhs, SPADNext, possibly FSUIPC (not sure about the last one).