Assigning low-idle condition for Kodiak

I’m probably missing something really basic, but can anyone tell me how I could assign a joystick button to move the condition level to low-idle? When you’re landing on a short runway, it’s hard to drag the condition lever with your mouse precisely (without veering into cutoff) while simultaneously going into beta mode, raising the flaps, and super-heating the brake pads… but then I can’t walk walk and chew gum at the same either… (j/k). It seems the low-idle function isn’t used in the Kodiak, but instead the mixture controls effect the condition levers.

With buttons you have the choice to increase or decrease it. I have to question why you are having to go to low idle during the landing phase. It can wait until you have slowed down and are ready to taxi in when the workload is lower.

1 Like

Increase or decrease mixture with buttons doesnt work well with the Kodiak.
On other Planes it work like You would expect. Push the increase button once goes from cut off to low idle. Push it once more from low idle to high idle. MILVIZ PC 6 and Carenado PC 12 doing this. But Kodiaks mixture handling is Cancer. From cut off to low idle push the increase button twice, from low idle to cut off push decrease button twice. from low idle to high idle hold the button until max. From high idle to low idle…better use the mouse, or You cut the engine on the runway.

I really hope this will be fixed.

I have the same experience with the Kodiak. I’ve assigned increase/decrease condition to my flight controls, and they work, but not in the way they do on other turboprops (e.g. Black Square KA and C208). There’s nothing smooth about the movement; it’s very sticky and way too easy to be pulling back from high idle to low and suddenly finding yourself in cut-off while on the taxiway. I’ve just started leaving it in high idle after landing and not messing with the condition until it’s time to shutdown. :wink: