ATC asks high altitues on approach

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Brief description of the issue:

Almost everytime I`m doing an approach, ATC, on IFR mode, asks to go to a higher altitude than required. Thanks

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Personal Comments

Sometimes this is an indication that a STAR was selected, which would mandate altitude and speed constraints appropriate to jetliners, but beyond most GA planes. Double-check that a STAR was not selected either in the World Map Planner or in the FMS when selecting the approach.

2 Likes

Verify that your cruising altitude in your flight plan is appropriate for the aircraft and flight plan. Also, some 3rd party flight plan creators do not include waypoint altitudes needed by ATC. If they are missing ATC will assign the wrong altitudes on the approach. Also, the correct altitudes from the published charts need to be entered into the FMS.

Im doing IFR. Im at the altitude that I`m instructed.

Did you file a flight plan? Can you share it with us - maybe a screenshot showing all the waypoints, or if you created it out of the sim, the plan you uploaded?

Right - but if your IFR plan included a STAR route, that route could require you to go up to say, 10,000 AGL and not slower than 210 Knots Indicated for example. Some GA, no problem, others - no go.

This is definitely a bug!! Its been present at least since Australia update, every ifr flight ive done its got me at for eg 10k feet 10miles out, waaay too high to make the airport (even with full flaps, full speed brake and fast decent speed) !! and ive noticed about 4 other posts above this that say the same thing. This was a bug at launch, great to see it found its way back into the sim, i guess

2 Likes

Not for me

I predominantly fly IFR Low Altitude flights in various aircraft and for me the ATC has nearly always instructed me down to a altitude to intercept the ILS, the odd times it hasn’t have been when I haven’t done my pre flight planning correctly, and selected an Airway with a height restriction causing the ATC to instruct me to a impractical altitude my aircraft can’t make.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:
I only put landing track (ILS 18R from LEMD) not Star>