I just did a 32 minute flight and decided to add AI traffic. Switched to flight following after departure. In roughly 20 minutes of being on Centre frequency they made 41 transmissions of “… please expedite your climb to…” to various AI aircraft. It was just ridiculous. ATC never uses that phrase unless it’s for separation - and we know MSFS doesn’t separate for nuts. Please just get rid of it - it serves no purpose.
And please fix ATC and the AI traffic before worrying about more fancy-pants graphics updates. AI traffic is just the same basic flight repeated over and over as far as I can tell and often they just end up conflicting with each other. Oh and btw ATC don’t give traffic on aircraft unless they are outside control area and within 2000 feet of each other. If you have a clearance you should be getting separated from other aircraft and would only get traffic then if something has gone wrong!
More ATC/AI bugbears
- ATC Runway in use often exceeds the normal wind parameters. No one wants to land or takeoff with a 15+ knot tailwind! Even noise abatement has it limits.
- ATC assigning levels way above what you’ve planned and can’t possibly reach due to aircraft performance. You plan a level in your route for a reason!
- ATC gives you an instruction and then immediately tells another aircraft an instruction without waiting for your response - doesn’t happen in the real world.
- Pilots should be able to nominate any runway for departure or landing for operational reasons - this does happen in the real world.
- Just tell me once to “Exit at next taxiway”. Yeah I got it the first time already.
Generally I don’t fly with ATC or AI traffic much anymore because it is so incredibly poor. It’s a shame cos the MSFS world is very empty without it.