ATC Constant "Your are XXXX above/below assigned altitude"

TBM-930 , assigned requested cruise FL220 (in US) by ATC, std. altimeter 29.92 set passing FL180… at cruise atc constantly telling me that I’m xxxx above/below assigned altitude.

Remember last fall/winter this was a bug? They fixed it many updates ago, but now its back for me.

Seriously?

I have not had this issue, strange.

1 Like

It was not fixed for 100% of cases - before SU7 from time to time I was receiving those calls from ATC flying with live weather. I believe this depends on servers. IN SU7 they implemented a new weather system, so, there are some issues for sure. And, I think, this cases have to be reported via a bug report.

I was having this A LOT. I found that when I switched from one type of traffic (Real Time/AI Offline/Off) to another, it stopped.

I’m not saying this is the fix, but if you’re as tired of hearing that repeated over and over you might want to give it a try.

This problem has not been fixed

I don’t get it for my aircraft but the AI aircraft get it constantly. Either the message in the title of the post or “Please expedite your climb/descent to…”

This was not fixed,EVER.
ATC has the inteligence of a monkey doing ATC work.
Actually,there is no reason to have ATC interaction whatsoever,It is pointless

I have had this problem and believe it may be to do with the default transition altitude of 18000ft and live weather. In clear weather the sim uses the standard pressure of 29.92 or 1013hpa so the issue doesn’t occur as it doesn’t matter whether you’re above or below FL180 as the pressure is the same.

I was flying out of Heathrow using the fbw a320 and the UK transition altitude is 6000ft so at 6000ft I switched to std mode. I was cleared to FL110 and once at FL110 atc said I was 400ft above my assigned altitude. Once above FL180 atc stopped nagging.

I switched back to normal mode and sure enough the altimeter read 11400ft.

So it appears Asobo need to come up with a better way to determine altitude or better still have an option that allows for different transition altitudes and units of messure for pressure depending on the location. I wonder if they could take this info from the planes FMS / MCDU in the same way it currently takes the flight plan and waypoints.