ATC Issue low altitude flights (15,000 feet instructions)

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

When choosing a IFR flight plan in low altitude airways, in cruise below 15,000 feet, for example 7,000 feet. The ATC insists me to climb to 15,000 before descent to cruise altitude. It’s very annoying because the ATC doesn’t stop until I do so, I am not able to make a peaceful flight below this altitude using ATC.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Make a flight plan taking off from SBKP to SDLP using IFR for low altitude airways, In Reg Nav choose cruise altitude of 7,300 and start your flight with a cessna 172 for example, it should be the same error with other aircraft or locations. After taking off the ATC will ask to initially climb in an altitude much higher than cruise.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Are you picking a STAR/Arrival at Destination in the World Planning Map?

Verify with a separate Flight Planner that you have sufficient MEA Enroute, either enforced by airways/airspace or obstacle clearance.

1 Like

Without actually checking an IFR chart (away from sim) could there be an altitude restriction somewhere along the route?

I pass my flightplans through Little Navmap which often warns me of similar problems.

1 Like

No, I planned with low altitude airways without SID/STAR and this happened, I’ll check if there’s any restriction. But is it common to have 15000 feet restriction in low altitude / short routes? On real life would be crazy to climb a ceesna 15000 feet in a 40 minutes flight.

Thank you, do you know a good nav app for Android? I see little nav map works only on windows

I checked IFR LOW maps between these two airports and all airways have FL150 or FL160 restrictions.

If you want to fly C172 or similar fly VFR.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

While flying IFR on low airways, both times the Sim ignores my ILS approach plan. The ATC always says, “maintain current heading and course, expect visual approach RXX.” Then after 25 minutes I realize, it is never going to give me the vector, and by that time I am 30 miles from the airport.

You need to ask for vectors. I do it every 60 seconds to minimise approach time/distance. ATC gives vector on its own very rarely. Or if they cleared you already to the final fix altitude you can vector yourself, they won’t mind :).