ATC keeps telling me to please expedite my climb to my assigned altitude

I would look at the T-Flight HOTAS One.

Looks like the expedite your climb to the assigned altitude bug may have been resolved i was never prompted during my short flight from Seattle to Vancouver and even more amazing i can fly just as well using my xbox controller

I just started having this problem, came here looking for a solution but it’s still driving me crazy. Just going to end up disabling ATC entirely.

I was having this same issue. Discovered that it was related to my Barometric pressure being set incorrectly causing the altitude to register incorrectly. In my case, my altitude was showing as 1,000 feet below what I should be at. So when ATC kept telling me to expedite my climb to FL200, I changed my FL to FL210 - and they recognized me being at FL200… So that’s my fix until I figure out this barametric thing

I am having this problem and it’s not my baro, I was. Tapping b to make sure it was set. It seems like 800 to 1000 feet off. This is after the hotfix to sim update 5. Has been happening for last two days thought I was crazy thought I’d google to see if other having the issue. And glad to see I’m not crazy

1 Like

Anyone found a fix for “please expedite your climb to xx,xxx” when baro is accurate and altitude is displaying true to baro? Note: this is new after the update for me on PC.

4 Likes

Known bug being worked on. Note it affects both built-in ATC and external networks like VATSIM. For AI ATC, simplest workaround is to not fly with live weather, but with one of the custom presets.

I turn off live weather when ascending above FL140 and turn it back on when descending below FL180

Yes I had this problem on my 86 minute flight from Boise to John Wayne/Orange County in the Longitude. Flight plan called for FL430 and I had to go up to FL455 before ATC stopped bothering me. And even then it was still messed up. But I did receive proper descent instructions.

Had this same issue yesterday on my flight form Grand Junction to Telluride. I just adjusted my barometer and ascended till ATC stopped bothering me.

Found this bug on a morning flight from Istanbul to Ankara. Thanks for the workaround - I’ll use it for the return flight!

It also happens with AI ATC and custom preset.

Thanks everyone - I appreciate the feedback. Really unfortunate this was missed in testing.

I use PF3 for ATC and same thing, it keeps nagging me to climb or descend when I am spot on with the correct altitude.

ATC is still a port of the ATC from FSX. They’ve said for months they’ll fix it…nothing except now it’s even worse.

I thought I was losing my mind. ATC even reports the wrong altitude even with using the correct barometric pressure vended by ATC. I love the ATC, but might have to disable it given all of these bugs.

1 Like

It’s worse with live weather. Using preset weather may be a workaround as well.

2 Likes

It’s due to high temperature live weather bug

2 Likes

Yes this the cause. Don’t use live weather and it will be ok. Well that’s what I have done.

It’s a very annoying bug.

1 Like

Yea I turn it off when I pass FL180 and turn it back on when I’m descending below FL180.

Hopefully they’ll fix it soon

1 Like